MX23RW : Friday, May 24 06:17:29| >> :600:131345:131345:
Dortmund logo
Champions League | Quarter-Finals | 2nd Leg
Apr 16, 2024 at 8pm UK
Signal-Iduna-Park
Atletico Madrid logo

Dortmund
4 - 2
Atletico

Brandt (34'), Maatsen (39'), Fullkrug (71'), Sabitzer (74')
Ryerson (43')
FT(HT: 2-0)
Hummels (49' og.), Correa (64')
Azpilicueta (30'), Hermoso (45+1')

The Match

Match Report

Borussia Dortmund advance to their first Champions League semi-final since 2013 after beating Atletico Madrid 4-2 in their quarter-final second leg at Signal Iduna Park.

Team News

Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest injury and suspension news ahead of Tuesday's Champions League clash between Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Champions League clash between Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole looks at how Borussia Dortmund could line up in Tuesday's Champions League clash with Atletico Madrid.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Borussia Dortmund win with a probability of 44.56%. A win for Atletico Madrid had a probability of 32.45% and a draw had a probability of 23%.

The most likely scoreline for a Borussia Dortmund win was 2-1 with a probability of 8.98%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (6.87%) and 2-0 (6.07%). The likeliest Atletico Madrid win was 1-2 (7.53%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.16%). The actual scoreline of 4-2 was predicted with a 1.7% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Borussia Dortmund would win this match.

Result
Borussia DortmundDrawAtletico Madrid
44.56% (0.025999999999996 0.03) 22.99% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01) 32.45% (-0.019999999999996 -0.02)
Both teams to score 64.06% (0.012999999999991 0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
63% (0.024000000000001 0.02)36.99% (-0.027000000000001 -0.03)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
40.82% (0.024999999999999 0.02)59.18% (-0.030000000000001 -0.03)
Borussia Dortmund Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.92% (0.016999999999996 0.02)17.08% (-0.021000000000001 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
52.73% (0.034999999999997 0.03)47.26% (-0.039000000000001 -0.04)
Atletico Madrid Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.25% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)22.74%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
43.58%56.42% (-0.0039999999999978 -0)
Score Analysis
    Borussia Dortmund 44.56%
    Atletico Madrid 32.45%
    Draw 22.98%
Borussia DortmundDrawAtletico Madrid
2-1 @ 8.98% (0.0010000000000012 0)
1-0 @ 6.87% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
2-0 @ 6.07% (0.00099999999999945 0)
3-1 @ 5.29% (0.0039999999999996 0)
3-2 @ 3.92% (0.004 0)
3-0 @ 3.57% (0.0029999999999997 0)
4-1 @ 2.34% (0.004 0)
4-2 @ 1.73% (0.002 0)
4-0 @ 1.58% (0.0029999999999999 0)
Other @ 4.22%
Total : 44.56%
1-1 @ 10.16% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
2-2 @ 6.65% (0.0010000000000003 0)
0-0 @ 3.88% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
3-3 @ 1.93% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 0.35%
Total : 22.98%
1-2 @ 7.53% (-0.0040000000000004 -0)
0-1 @ 5.75% (-0.008 -0.01)
0-2 @ 4.26% (-0.0059999999999993 -0.01)
1-3 @ 3.72% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
2-3 @ 3.28% (0.00099999999999989 0)
0-3 @ 2.1% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
1-4 @ 1.38%
2-4 @ 1.22% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 3.21%
Total : 32.45%

How you voted: Dortmund vs Atletico

Borussia Dortmund
48.6%
Draw
24.0%
Atletico Madrid
27.4%
329
Head to Head
Apr 10, 2024 8pm
Quarter-Finals 1st Leg
Atletico
2-1
Dortmund
De Paul (4'), Lino (32')
Lino (27'), Llorente (28'), Gimenez (75')
Haller (81')
Can (24'), Maatsen (53')
Nov 6, 2018 8pm
Group Stage
Atletico
2-0
Dortmund
Niguez (33'), Griezmann (80')
Correa (6')

Sancho (31'), Akanji (90'), Reus (90')
Oct 24, 2018 8pm
Group Stage
Dortmund
4-0
Atletico
Witsel (38'), Guerreiro (73', 89'), Sancho (83')
Diallo (13'), Zagadou (90')

Partey (35'), Lemar (45'), Luis (82'), Costa (87'), Correa (90')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CManchester CityMan City38287396346291
2Arsenal38285591296289
3Liverpool382410486414582
4Aston Villa382081076611568
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs382061274611366
6Chelsea381891177631463
7Newcastle UnitedNewcastle381861485622360
8Manchester UnitedMan Utd38186145758-160
9West Ham UnitedWest Ham381410146074-1452
10Crystal Palace381310155758-149
11Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton381212145562-748
12Bournemouth38139165467-1348
13Fulham38138175561-647
14Wolverhampton WanderersWolves38137185065-1546
15Everton38139164051-1140
16Brentford38109195665-939
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3899204967-1832
RLuton TownLuton3868245285-3326
RBurnley3859244178-3724
RSheffield UnitedSheff Utd38372835104-6916


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!