Transfer news and rumours today: Nottingham Forest want Barcelona midfielder, Hull City eye nine-goal striker

Transfer news and rumours: Forest want Barca midfielder, Hull eye nine-goal striker

Nottingham Forest are reportedly looking to sign Barcelona midfielder Marc Casado before this summer's transfer window closes for business.

Casado's future is currently the subject of much speculation, with the Spaniard expected to leave Camp Nou before the deadline.

It had been thought that the midfielder was heading to Saudi Arabia, but he now looks likely to make the move to another European club.

According to Mundo Deportivo, Forest are keen on Casado, with Oliver Glasner's side looking to pull off what would be a spectacular move before the end of the window.

Barcelona are believed to want at least £28m for Casado, which would represent a bargain given that the midfielder is only 22 and has a host of top-level experience.

Casado has scored once and registered seven assists in 75 appearances for Barcelona.

Manchester United and Arsenal have also previously been credited with an interest.

Hull 'aiming' to sign striker Kebbal from Paris FC

Meanwhile, according to FootMercato, Hull are one of a number of clubs keen on Paris FC's Ilan Kebbal.

Hull started life back in the Premier League with a spectacular 2-0 victory over Manchester United on Saturday afternoon, with Oli McBurnie starring in the final third of the field.

However, Hull remain determined to boost their attack before the transfer window closes.

Kebbal is said to be a target, with the 28-year-old enjoying an impressive 2025-26 season in Ligue 1, scoring nine goals and four assists in 29 appearances.

However, Paris FC have already expressed a desire to keep hold of the four-time Algeria international.

"Kebbal, Moustapha Mbow, and Adama Camara won’t leave this summer. Like us, they are the desire to continue, grow, and take the next steps together,” Paris FC’s sporting director Marco Neppe recently said.

Juventus want to beat Torino to Perri?

Elsewhere, Juventus are reportedly looking to beat Torino to the signature of Leeds United goalkeeper Lucas Perri this summer.

Perri is set to leave Leeds following the arrival of James Trafford from Manchester City.

It had been thought that Torino were nearing a deal for the 28-year-old.

However, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, Juventus have now made an attempt to sign Perri, who is wanted by the Old Lady as a back-up for Guglielmo Vicario.

Perri made the move to Leeds from Lyon last summer, and he represented the Whites on 20 occasions last season, conceding 33 times.

Torino's offer for Perri is believed to have been a loan move, with a €14m (£12m) buy option clause included for next summer.

Author photo

Written by

Subscribe to our newsletter

Get FREE daily news and in-depth previews for games from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football — straight to your inbox.

Subscribe