MX23RW : Tuesday, September 25 23:55:14

Sauber: 'No decision on Kamui Kobayashi's future yet'

Sauber: 'No decision on Kobayashi yet'
© PA Photos
Sauber say that they will announce their second driver by the end of the current season.

Formula 1 team Sauber have said that no decision has been made on the future of Kamui Kobayashi yet.

The team remain undecided whether to keep the Japanese driver in a race seat for next season.

Teammate Sergio Perez is leaving to join McLaren, with Force India's Nico Hulkenberg filling the vacancy.

Team boss Monisha Kaltenborn told Sky Sports News: "We've not made a decision on the second seat as yet.

"We know [Kobayashi] well and we know his qualities. But we will announce during the season - and it's not that long any more."

Kobayashi claimed his first F1 podium earlier this year at his home race, the Japanese Grand Prix.

Share this article now:
Nico Hulkenberg
Read Next:
Sauber sign Hulkenberg
>

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

Select and display your favourite team's news and scores in this panel

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

Select and display your favourite team's news and scores in this panel

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

Select and display your favourite team's news and scores in this panel
Login, I already have my ad-free pass
Log in to customise Sports Mole
Buy ad-free access (show me the options)
Buy monthly ad-free access for £1.20/month
Buy yearly ad-free access for £12 (2 months free)
Settings - Logout - Manage your account
Settings - Logout - Manage your account