MX23RW : Wednesday, April 24 08:47:12| >> :120:33450:33450:
[monks data]
Attendance: 31,888
Sheffield United logo
Premier League | Gameweek 27
Feb 22, 2020 at 3pm UK
 
Brighton logo

1-1

Stevens (26')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Maupay (30')

Preview: Sheffield United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion - prediction, team news, lineups

Sports Mole previews Sheffield United's Premier League meeting with Brighton & Hove Albion at Bramall Lane on Saturday, including predictions, team news and lineups

Sheffield United take on Brighton & Hove Albion at Bramall Lane on Saturday, as the Blades look to keep pace in the fight for Champions League football.

Brighton's focus is at the other end of the division, and Graham Potter's side will know how valuable a win could be in their battle to remain in the Premier League.


Match preview

Sheffield United's John Lundstram celebrates scoring their second goal with teammates on February 9, 2020© Reuters

With the Premier League's inaugural winter break complete, both of these sides return to action on Saturday for the first time in two weeks.

Sheffield United won their final match before the break against Bournemouth, with a 2-1 victory ensuring they are still in the fight for the top four places.

Just two points adrift of fourth-placed Chelsea, Chris Wilder's side can begin to dream of an unlikely finish to the season but will need to ensure there are no slip ups against teams towards the bottom of the league like Brighton.

With just one league defeat in their last five matches, the Blades are showing no sign of faltering though and they have won three of their last four home matches.

Wilder's team also came out on the winning side the last time these two sides met, with an Oli McBurnie first half goal the difference.

Brighton boss Graham Potter on February 8, 2020© Reuters

Brighton are starting to look over their shoulder right now, with a run of six Premier League matches without a win drawing them back towards danger.

Potter made a strong start to life as Seagulls coach but will now be judged on how he and his team can respond to a period of adversity.

Since an impressive away win over Arsenal in early December, Brighton have won just once in all competitions and have kept just one clean sheet.

The Sussex club's away form has also been particularly poor, with Brighton managing just two wins all season away from the Amex Stadium.

Sheffield United Premier League form: LWDLWW
Sheffield United form (all competitions): WDLWWW

Brighton Premier League form: DLDLDD
Brighton form (all competitions): LLDLDD


Team News

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder reacts on January 10, 2020© Reuters

The Blades currently have no injury concerns, with Wilder likely to have a full squad to choose from.

John Lundstram and Chris Basham are one yellow card away from suspensions though, having picked up four already this season.

Brighton will be without Colombian winger Jose Izquierdo, with the flyer still struggling due to a knee injury.

The 27-year-old has not appeared all season and it is hoped that he could return next month.

Elsewhere, Alexis Mac Allister is still lacking match sharpness, while Dale Stephens faces a late fitness test.

Sheffield United possible starting lineup:
Henderson; Baldock, Basham, Egan, O'Connell, Stevens; Berge, Norwood, Fleck; McGoldrick, McBurnie

Brighton possible starting lineup:
Ryan; Schelotto, Duffy, Dunk, Burn; Propper, Mooy; March, Gross, Trossard; Murray


Sports Mole Logo

We say: Sheffield United 1-0 Brighton

The Blades have been a formidable opponent for most Premier League sides this season and given their form in comparison to Brighton's, they should come out winners in this match. With the game likely to be tight, expect just one goal to separate the teams.



ID:390295: cacheID:390295:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:restore:7452:

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a win with a probability of 49.17%. A draw had a probability of 27.6% and a win for had a probability of 23.24%.

The most likely scoreline for a win was 1-0 with a probability of 14.78%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (10.19%) and 2-1 (8.71%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (12.62%), while for a win it was 0-1 (9.16%).


Previews by email

Click here to get Sports Mole's daily email of previews and predictions for every major game!


Restore Data
Share this article now:
General view of Sheffield United's Bramall Lane taken April 2017
Read Next:
Sheff Utd to scout Olympiacos midfielder?
>
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Arsenal34245582265677
2Liverpool33228375324374
3Manchester CityMan City32227376324473
4Aston Villa34206871502166
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs32186865491660
6Newcastle UnitedNewcastle321551269521750
7Manchester UnitedMan Utd32155124748-150
8West Ham UnitedWest Ham34139125463-948
9Chelsea32138116157447
10Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton321111105250244
11Wolverhampton WanderersWolves33127144653-743
12Fulham34126165054-442
13Bournemouth33119134860-1242
14Crystal Palace3399154256-1436
15Brentford3498175259-735
16Everton33108153448-1430
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3479184260-1826
18Luton TownLuton3467214775-2825
19Burnley3458213769-3223
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd3337233188-5716


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!