MX23RW : Tuesday, April 16 07:46:12| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
Motherwell logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 27
Feb 25, 2024 at 12pm UK
Fir Park
Celtic logo

Motherwell
1 - 3
Celtic

Spittal (43')
Butcher (79')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Idah (51', 90+4'), Palma (90+6')
Taylor (55'), Palma (90+8')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Scottish Premiership clash between Motherwell and Celtic, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Hearts 2-0 Motherwell
Saturday, February 17 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership
Last Game: Celtic 1-1 Kilmarnock
Saturday, February 17 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: Motherwell 1-3 Celtic

Kettlewell may feel that his side are capable of causing a surprise against Celtic while the defending champions are going through a rough patch. However, we are backing the visitors to come through with three points, helped by complacency no longer being a factor given Rangers' relentless form. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Celtic win with a probability of 68.38%. A draw had a probability of 17.8% and a win for Motherwell had a probability of 13.82%.

The most likely scoreline for a Celtic win was 0-2 with a probability of 9.97%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (9.66%) and 0-1 (8.43%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.17%), while for a Motherwell win it was 2-1 (3.96%). The actual scoreline of 1-3 was predicted with a 7.6% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a 1-3 win for Celtic in this match and our data analysis correctly predicted the win for Celtic.

Result
MotherwellDrawCeltic
13.82% (-0.0030000000000001 -0) 17.8% (-0.033000000000001 -0.03) 68.38% (0.039000000000001 0.04)
Both teams to score 56.24% (0.116 0.12)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
64.74% (0.15300000000001 0.15)35.26% (-0.152 -0.15)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
42.72% (0.169 0.17)57.28% (-0.16699999999999 -0.17)
Motherwell Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
62.07% (0.094000000000001 0.09)37.93% (-0.091999999999999 -0.09)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
25.3% (0.091000000000001 0.09)74.7% (-0.088999999999999 -0.09)
Celtic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
90.6% (0.051000000000002 0.05)9.4% (-0.048999999999999 -0.05)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
68.38% (0.119 0.12)31.62% (-0.116 -0.12)
Score Analysis
    Motherwell 13.82%
    Celtic 68.38%
    Draw 17.8%
MotherwellDrawCeltic
2-1 @ 3.96% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
1-0 @ 3.46% (-0.017 -0.02)
2-0 @ 1.68% (-0.004 -0)
3-2 @ 1.51% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
3-1 @ 1.28% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Other @ 1.93%
Total : 13.82%
1-1 @ 8.17% (-0.024000000000001 -0.02)
2-2 @ 4.68% (0.008 0.01)
0-0 @ 3.56% (-0.028 -0.03)
3-3 @ 1.19% (0.008 0.01)
Other @ 0.19%
Total : 17.8%
0-2 @ 9.97% (-0.032 -0.03)
1-2 @ 9.66% (-0.0059999999999985 -0.01)
0-1 @ 8.43% (-0.045999999999999 -0.05)
0-3 @ 7.86% (-0.008 -0.01)
1-3 @ 7.62% (0.012 0.01)
0-4 @ 4.64% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
1-4 @ 4.5% (0.016999999999999 0.02)
2-3 @ 3.69% (0.015 0.02)
0-5 @ 2.2% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
2-4 @ 2.18% (0.013 0.01)
1-5 @ 2.13% (0.012 0.01)
2-5 @ 1.03% (0.0090000000000001 0.01)
Other @ 4.48%
Total : 68.38%

How you voted: Motherwell vs Celtic

Motherwell
8.6%
Draw
8.6%
Celtic
82.9%
35
Head to Head
Nov 25, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 14
Celtic
1-1
Motherwell
Turnbull (86' pen.)
Taylor (70')
Obika (90')
Slattery (14'), O'Donnell (41'), Mugabi (64'), Butcher (85')
Sep 30, 2023 12.30pm
Gameweek 7
Motherwell
1-2
Celtic
Spittal (90+5')
Slattery (10'), O'Donnell (54'), Spencer (90')
Palma (87'), O'Riley (90+7')
Phillips (84')
Apr 22, 2023 3pm
Nov 9, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 15
Motherwell
1-2
Celtic
Tierney (86')
Furuhashi (15'), Maeda (84')
Oct 19, 2022 6.15pm
Quarter-Finals
Motherwell
0-4
Celtic
Abada (44', 56'), Hatate (61'), Furuhashi (76')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Celtic33246380265478
2RangersRangers32242672234974
3Hearts33195946341262
4Kilmarnock33131284334951
5St Mirren33127143843-543
6Dundee321010124454-1040
7Hibernian33912124451-739
8Motherwell33813124651-537
9Aberdeen33811143549-1435
10St Johnstone33710162446-2231
11Ross County3379173256-2430
12Livingston3339212259-3718


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!