MX23RW : Tuesday, June 25 17:59:11| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Charlotte FC
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
St Louis City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
Portland Timbers
Major League Soccer
May 26, 2024 at 3.30am UK
Providence Park
Sporting Kansas

Portland
2 - 1
Kansas

Mora (53'), Evander (83')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Rodriguez (64')
Rodriguez (41')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Major League Soccer clash between Portland Timbers and Sporting Kansas City, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Minnesota Utd 2-1 Portland
Sunday, May 19 at 1.30am in Major League Soccer
Last Game: Austin 3-2 Kansas
Sunday, May 19 at 1.30am in Major League Soccer

We said: Portland Timbers 2-2 Sporting Kansas City

Neither side have been particularly strong defensively this season, with Portland averaging over two goals conceded per game, while Kansas average just under two goals. On the other hand, both teams rank among the highest scorers of the Western Conference, so fans could be in for an entertaining matchup. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Portland Timbers win with a probability of 43.9%. A win for Sporting Kansas City had a probability of 32.61% and a draw had a probability of 23.5%.

The most likely scoreline for a Portland Timbers win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.01%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (7.38%) and 2-0 (6.27%). The likeliest Sporting Kansas City win was 1-2 (7.62%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.6%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 9% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 2-1 win for Portland Timbers in this match.

Result
Portland TimbersDrawSporting Kansas City
43.9% (-0.0080000000000027 -0.01) 23.48%32.61% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Both teams to score 62.3% (-0.0039999999999978 -0)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
60.66% (-0.0079999999999956 -0.01)39.33% (0.0039999999999978 0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
38.32% (-0.0080000000000027 -0.01)61.67% (0.0040000000000049 0)
Portland Timbers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.72% (-0.007000000000005 -0.01)18.28% (0.004999999999999 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
50.66% (-0.009999999999998 -0.01)49.34% (0.0069999999999979 0.01)
Sporting Kansas City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.23% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)23.76% (-0.0019999999999989 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.08%57.91% (-0.0040000000000049 -0)
Score Analysis
    Portland Timbers 43.9%
    Sporting Kansas City 32.61%
    Draw 23.47%
Portland TimbersDrawSporting Kansas City
2-1 @ 9.01% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)
1-0 @ 7.38% (0.00099999999999945 0)
2-0 @ 6.27% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
3-1 @ 5.11% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
3-2 @ 3.67% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
3-0 @ 3.55% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
4-1 @ 2.17% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-2 @ 1.56%
4-0 @ 1.51% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 3.67%
Total : 43.9%
1-1 @ 10.6%
2-2 @ 6.48% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
0-0 @ 4.34% (0.0010000000000003 0)
3-3 @ 1.76% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
Other @ 0.3%
Total : 23.47%
1-2 @ 7.62% (0.0010000000000003 0)
0-1 @ 6.24% (0.00099999999999945 0)
0-2 @ 4.48% (0.0010000000000003 0)
1-3 @ 3.65%
2-3 @ 3.1%
0-3 @ 2.15% (0.0010000000000003 0)
1-4 @ 1.31%
2-4 @ 1.11%
Other @ 2.94%
Total : 32.61%

How you voted: Portland vs Kansas

Portland Timbers
66.7%
Draw
20.0%
Sporting Kansas City
13.3%
15
Head to Head
Apr 7, 2024 6.45pm
Kansas
3-3
Portland
Agade (13', 45+3'), Rosero (38')
Rosero (25'), Rodriguez (48'), Davis (90+8')
Evander (64' pen.), Mora (66'), Miller (81')
Miller (34'), Miller (82')
May 28, 2023 8pm
Kansas
4-1
Portland
Thommy (33'), Salloi (66'), Mabiala (68' og.), Hernandez (90+3')
Fontas (47'), Radoja (72'), Shelton (85')
Boli (8')
Loria (89')
Aug 22, 2022 12.55am
Kansas
4-1
Portland
Agade (31', 75'), Fontas (40'), Thommy (42')
Sweat (78')
Blanco (90+1')
McGraw (57'), Chara (86')
May 15, 2022 3am
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Tuesday, June 25
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany32107
Q Switzerland Switzerland31205
3 Hungary Hungary31023
4 Scotland flag Scotland30121

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain33009
Q Italy Italy31114
3 Croatia Croatia30212
4 Albania national flag Albania30121

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
Q England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Austria Austria32016
Q France France31205
Q Netherlands Netherlands31114
4 Poland Poland30121

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!