Here, Sports Mole rounds up the latest news snippets from across the footballing world, including Mauricio Pochettino's hint at January spending, Erling Braut Haaland's praise for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Hector Bellerin's reaction to his comeback. Scroll down for more!
Bellerin overwhelmed by Arsenal return
Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin has revealed his delight after playing for the first time since January in the side's EFL Cup win over Nottingham Forest on Tuesday night. Taking to Twitter after his 13-minute cameo, the Spaniard wrote: "No words. Just pure emotion!!! What a way to come back. Shout out to @RobHolding95!! Thank you everyone for the support and love".
Klopp says players naturally motivated to improve
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said that the natural competition for places in his squad is a key force behind the Reds' superb early-season form. Talking to the Liverpool Echo, the German boss said: "How do we improve? You only have to look at your passport, as long as you are not dead, you can improve, that is how it is. That's how it is for all of us, so I don't have to convince them. And they know if they don't then there is another player who can the same position, in a different way, maybe, but for sure not sure and that is the pressure the boys have to deal with."
Haaland praises Solskjaer
RB Salzburg wonderkid Erling Braut Haaland has hinted at a move to Manchester United amid speculation over his future. The 19-year-old caught the eye with a Champions League hat-trick earlier this month and has since been linked with a number of Europe's top sides, including Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Red Devils.
"He has had a huge impact on my life, both as a person and as a trainer," Haaland told TV2 of Solskjaer, under whom he previously played at Molde. "I have dreamed of playing for the best clubs in the world my whole life, and I especially like English football."
Zlatan wanted by Boca Juniors?
Veteran striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is wanted by Argentine champions Boca Juniors when his Los Angeles Galaxy contract expires in December, according to AS. The 37-year-old, who recently turned down a lucrative move to Qatar, is said to want a "romantic" end to his playing career and has now been offered to Boca by his agent Mino Raiola.
Kevin Kilbane joins 'Dancing On Ice'
Former Everton, Sunderland and Coventry City defender Kevin Kilbane has signed up to appear alongside the likes of Michael Barrymore and Love Island's Maura Higgins on the new series of ITV's Dancing On Ice. The 42-year-old told talkSPORT: "I am going on as a total novice. I'm starting from scratch here. This is going to be a massive challenge for me. I've been taking it easy for the last few years since I finished [football] so let's just see how this one goes."
Pochettino hints at January splurge
Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino has hinted that the club will look to spend in the January transfer market following their underwhelming start to this season. Having won only two of their opening six Premier League games, Spurs were humiliated on Tuesday night when they were knocked out of the EFL Cup by League Two outfit Colchester United. "We are working so hard to put everyone on the same page. Only we need time," Pochettino told reporters afterwards. "January is going to be a good opportunity too to fix this situation and the next one.
"That is the problem when something happens that you cannot control. It means we are human and in football to keep the successful period in football you need to be different every season and find different solutions. We need to do something different and we will do that."
Andre Gomes a doubt for City game?
Everton midfielder Andre Gomes is expected to miss this weekend's game with Manchester City as he continues to struggle with a rib injury that has kept him out since the start of the month. The Liverpool Echo says that Portuguese is being monitored day-to-day but there are fears that it could be towards the end of October until he is fit to return.
Juve sporting director: 'Ronaldo deserved FIFA award'
Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici has said that Cristiano Ronaldo deserved to beat Lionel Messi to the FIFA men's player of the year award this week. The Argentine came top at the prestigious ceremony, held in Milan, with Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk also finishing ahead of Ronaldo.
Paratici told Corriere dello Sport afterwards: "We are also disappointed over the award last night. While still respecting Messi, who is a great player, we think and thought that after last season, having won the Nations League, Serie A and the Italian Super Cup, having played a great Champions League, he (Ronaldo) deserved the award."