Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has claimed that Manchester United are yet to make a move for Jadon Sancho.
Over the past week, it has been suggested that negotiations have been taking place between the relevant parties as they bid to reach a compromise over financial terms.
While Dortmund are said to want the majority of a £108m fee up front, United would prefer to spread the payment over a number of years.
However, despite the increased speculation, Watzke says that United have not made contact regarding a deal for the England international.
Speaking to Suddeutsche Zeitung, Watzke said: "So far, there has been no contact between Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United in terms of Sancho. Also not indirectly or through alleged intermediaries."
The Bundesliga outfit have allegedly set a deadline of August 10 for a transfer to be processed.