Here, Sports Mole rounds up the latest news snippets from across the footballing world, including Wolves skipper Conor Coady's verdict on the title race, Newcastle's transfer plans and some good news for Tottenham Hotspur. Scroll down for more!
Wolves skipper tips Liverpool for title
Wolverhampton Wanderers captain Conor Coady has suggested that his former side Liverpool will finally claim a Premier League title this season after their blistering start to the campaign. The Reds currently boast an eight-point advantage over Manchester City in the table, helped in part by Wolves' surprise win at City just before the international break.
"I know it's early doors, but I think with Liverpool this year they don't seem to be panicking," Liverpool academy graduate Coady told Soccer AM. "People are talking abut them conceding and not keeping clean sheets but when they do they think it's okay cause we can score another. City seemed like that last year.
"With Liverpool they missed out on the Champions League the year before and then they kick on again because the manager is that good. I don't want to speak too soon but they look to be going [up] again which is so good to see for them."
Sporting to honour Ronaldo?
Sporting Lisbon are considering renaming their 50,000-seater Estadio Jose Alvalade stadium after Cristiano Ronaldo when the Juventus striker retires. The 34-year-old spent six years with the Portuguese side before moving to Manchester United in 2013.
"It's a theory we will not shelve and obviously we'd be very proud to have his name associated with us," club president Frederico Varandas told Tuttosport. "Cristiano is and always will be one of the greatest symbols in the history of our club. We're already keeping his values on the walls of the youth academy, focusing on passion, sacrifice, discipline, leadership and determination. Cristiano is certainly the best Portuguese player of all time and one of the best athletes in the history of the sport."
Newcastle 'planning hard for January'
Newcastle United are well underway with their plans to make additions in the January transfer market, according to The Chronicle. The Magpies have struggled in the first two months of the season but have "an eight-figure sum" at their disposal to strengthen for the second half of the campaign. Steve Bruce's side are said to be looking at Hull City's Jarrod Bowen and targets in France and Germany.
Boris hits out at "vile" abuse
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has attacked the "vile" racist abuse that marred England's victory in Bulgaria on Monday night, saying that it "has no place in football or anywhere else". Play had to be stopped twice in Sofia after chants and Nazi salutes from a section of the home support.
A spokesperson for Number 10 said: "The England players and management showed tremendous dignity and the Prime Minister commends the players who were targeted with this despicable abuse for their response. UEFA need to face up to facts. This stain on football is not being adequately dealt with. Racism and discrimination must be driven out of football once and for all.
"We support the FA's calls for an urgent investigation with tough penalties to follow. We are writing to UEFA today to ask for this to be conducted swiftly."
Spurs pair back in training
Giovani Lo Celso and Ryan Sessegnon are both back in training for Tottenham Hotspur but will not be fit enough in time for the side's encounter with Watford on Saturday, according to the Evening Standard. Sessegnon has yet to feature after joining from Fulham over the summer due to an existing hamstring injury, while fellow new signing Lo Celso made three appearances from the bench before suffering a hip problem.
Grujic confident over Liverpool future
Marko Grujic has admitted that he is not yet "ready" to feature for Liverpool but hopes to earn a spot in the side in the future. The 23-year-old has been with Jurgen Klopp's side for almost four years but has been limited to just 14 appearances across all competitions, instead being sent out on loan to Hertha Berlin for the second successive season.
"It's not easy to become a part of the Liverpool squad, I can see myself in the red shirt but I have to become more experienced before I can wear it again," Grujic told the Liverpool Echo. "I want to improve my physical performance and take my concentration to another level. I want to be ready for Liverpool so I will have a chance to get into the team."
Redknapp tips Rice for big England future
Jamie Redknapp has predicted that West Ham United youngster Declan Rice could become a significant player for England's backline in the years ahead. The 20-year-old broke into the Three Lions squad this year after impressing for the Hammers, leading to links with the likes of Manchester United.
"Is Declan Rice the answer to England's problems in defence? I suspect he could be," Redknapp wrote in the Daily Mail. "I see a centre-back in the 20-year-old and that is where his future could lie for club and country, rather than being used solely in midfield.
"In the modern game, players are being told to pass it out from the back, and Rice is capable of executing that. He'd be more than happy to get on the ball and has the intelligence needed to form an effective centre back partnership. He ranks fourth for interceptions and seventh for ball recoveries [in the Premier League]. I believe he could apply those talents to central defence, too, while being the proficient passer Gareth Southgate wants."
Lenglet "very upset" at Barcelona
Barcelona defender Clement Lenglet is "very upset" with the club's alleged refusal to offer him improved terms, according to reports in Spain. The 24-year-old has featured heavily for Barca so far this campaign following Samuel Umtiti's injury but a request to recognise his contributions was reportedly "completely ignored" by the club.