Liverpool are reportedly weighing up a move for Borussia Dortmund teenager Youssoufa Moukoko.
The 17-year-old joined the Black and Yellows' youth academy from St Pauli in 2016 and has blossomed into one of the Bundesliga's most highly-rated teenagers.
After incredibly prolific seasons at youth level - including a staggering 90 goals in 56 games for the Under-17s - Moukoko made his breakthrough season in Dortmund's first team last year.
The attacker is yet to become a weekly starter for Edin Terzic's side, but he has made 15 appearances in all tournaments so far this term, scoring three goals and setting up four more.
Moukoko has averaged a goal or assist almost every 70 minutes in the Bundesliga this season, and his contract situation has attracted the attention of top European clubs.
Dortmund only have Moukoko on a contract until the end of the season, and negotiations over a new deal with the Bundesliga side are understood to be stalling over his salary demands.
The teenager allegedly wants €6m (£5.2m) per year to stay at Dortmund, and as a result, the Black and Yellows have put talks on ice until after the World Cup.
According to Football Insider, Liverpool are the latest club to show an interest in Moukoko, who would be free to enter discussions with foreign clubs in January as things stand.
Jurgen Klopp is said to have been "blown away" with Moukoko's rapid rise since he became the Bundesliga's youngest-ever player at 16 years and one day against Hertha Berlin in November 2020.
However, Liverpool will face stiff competition to win the race for the Germany Under-21 international, who is wanted by other Premier League clubs as well as Real Madrid, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain.
Moukoko already has six goals to show from five games for Germany's Under-21 side, although he missed the team's Euros triumph last year due to a ligament injury.
The striker has already won one DFB-Pokal with Dortmund, where he is said to be demanding more game time in order to sign a new deal, but he is unlikely to fare better in that regard at Anfield.
After losing Takumi Minamino, Divock Origi and Sadio Mane in the summer, Klopp brought in Fabio Carvalho and Darwin Nunez to compete with Harvey Elliott, Mohamed Salah, Diogo Jota, Luis Diaz and Roberto Firmino in attack.
Jota and Diaz are currently sidelined with long-term injuries, though, and Firmino is also out of contract in 2023, but he is expected to be offered a short-term extension at the very least.
Nunez scored his first Anfield goal for the Reds in their 1-0 win over West Ham United in midweek, but he left in the 57th minute with hamstring tightness and is now doubtful for Saturday's clash with Nottingham Forest.