Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski has been named the European Player of the Season in the annual Sports Mole Reader Awards.
The free-scoring Pole made history as Bayern Munich once again won the Bundesliga title, plundering an unprecedented 41 goals to break Gerd Muller's long-standing record for most goals in a single German top-flight campaign.
Lewandowski took just 29 games to reach that incredible figure too, while he was also prolific in other competitions to end 2020-21 with 48 goals in 40 appearances.
The 32-year-old saw off competition from his heir apparent Erling Braut Haaland, whose tally of 41 goals in 41 games for Borussia Dortmund earned him second place with 14.1% of the votes - still some way off Lewandowski's 33%.
EUROPEAN PLAYER OF THE SEASON RESULTS
1. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) - 33%
2. Erling Braut Haaland (Borussia Dortmund) - 14.1%
3. Ruben Dias (Manchester City) - 12.4%
4. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) - 8.6%
= Lionel Messi (Barcelona) - 8.6%
= Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan) - 8.6%
7. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) - 7.6%
8. Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) - 3.8%
9. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) - 2.7%
10. Andre Silva (Eintracht Frankfurt) - 0.5%