MX23RW : Wednesday, April 24 09:26:38| >> :300:86500:86500:
AFC Wimbledon
Accrington Stanley
Barrow
Bradford City
Colchester United
Crawley Town
Crewe Alexandra
Doncaster Rovers
Forest Green Rovers
Gillingham
Grimsby Town
Harrogate Town
MK Dons
Mansfield Town
Morecambe
Newport County
Notts County
Salford City
Stockport County
Sutton United
Swindon Town
Tranmere Rovers
Walsall
Wrexham AFC
AFC Wimbledon
League Two | Gameweek 27
Mar 5, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Kingsmeadow
Grimsby Town

AFC Wimbledon
0 - 0
Grimsby Town


Curtis (62')
FT

Thompson (29'), Holohan (44'), Andrews (64'), Hume (90+4')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's League Two clash between AFC Wimbledon and Grimsby Town, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: AFC Wimbledon 1-0 MK Dons
Saturday, March 2 at 12.45pm in League Two
Last Game: Grimsby Town 1-0 Forest Green
Saturday, March 2 at 3pm in League Two

We said: AFC Wimbledon 1-0 Grimsby Town

AFC Wimbledon are on cloud nine after a historic victory over their arch rivals on the weekend, and we believe that the Dons can carry the positive momentum into this midweek clash. Grimsby had to really scrap for a narrow win over fellow strugglers Forest Green last time out, and we think that the Mariners will not be as successful at Plough Lane on Tuesday night. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a AFC Wimbledon win with a probability of 49.73%. A win for Grimsby Town had a probability of 26.38% and a draw had a probability of 23.9%.

The most likely scoreline for an AFC Wimbledon win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.58%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (9.51%) and 2-0 (8.12%). The likeliest Grimsby Town win was 1-2 (6.62%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.22%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 5.6% likelihood.

Result
AFC WimbledonDrawGrimsby Town
49.73% (-2.647 -2.65) 23.89% (0.682 0.68) 26.38% (1.963 1.96)
Both teams to score 56.72% (-0.305 -0.31)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
55.12% (-1.32 -1.32)44.88% (1.318 1.32)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
32.77% (-1.282 -1.28)67.23% (1.281 1.28)
AFC Wimbledon Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.87% (-1.482 -1.48)18.13% (1.481 1.48)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
50.91% (-2.59 -2.59)49.08% (2.589 2.59)
Grimsby Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
69.27% (0.867 0.87)30.72% (-0.867 -0.87)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
33.02% (1.013 1.01)66.98% (-1.015 -1.02)
Score Analysis
    AFC Wimbledon 49.73%
    Grimsby Town 26.38%
    Draw 23.88%
AFC WimbledonDrawGrimsby Town
2-1 @ 9.58% (-0.156 -0.16)
1-0 @ 9.51% (0.081999999999999 0.08)
2-0 @ 8.12% (-0.332 -0.33)
3-1 @ 5.46% (-0.365 -0.36)
3-0 @ 4.62% (-0.429 -0.43)
3-2 @ 3.22% (-0.135 -0.14)
4-1 @ 2.33% (-0.28 -0.28)
4-0 @ 1.97% (-0.29 -0.29)
4-2 @ 1.37% (-0.129 -0.13)
Other @ 3.54%
Total : 49.73%
1-1 @ 11.22% (0.36 0.36)
2-2 @ 5.66% (0.043 0.04)
0-0 @ 5.57% (0.31 0.31)
3-3 @ 1.27% (-0.022 -0.02)
Other @ 0.17%
Total : 23.88%
1-2 @ 6.62% (0.363 0.36)
0-1 @ 6.57% (0.512 0.51)
0-2 @ 3.88% (0.387 0.39)
1-3 @ 2.61% (0.201 0.2)
2-3 @ 2.23% (0.07 0.07)
0-3 @ 1.53% (0.185 0.19)
Other @ 2.95%
Total : 26.38%

How you voted: AFC Wimbledon vs Grimsby Town

AFC Wimbledon
68.8%
Draw
18.8%
Grimsby Town
12.5%
16
Head to Head
Aug 5, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 1
Grimsby Town
0-0
AFC Wimbledon
Clifton (58'), Conteh (69'), Green (88'), Pyke (90+8')
Johnson (49'), Al-Hamadi (61'), Little (90+6')
May 8, 2023 12.30pm
Dec 3, 2022 12.30pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CStockport CountyStockport452711795464992
4MK Dons452381479641577
5Doncaster RoversDoncaster45217177166570
6Crewe AlexandraCrewe451913136864470
7BarrowBarrow451814136155668
8Crawley TownCrawley45207187167467
9Bradford CityBradford451812155758-166
10Walsall451811166868065
11Gillingham45189184455-1163
12AFC Wimbledon451614155950962
13Harrogate TownHarrogate451711175867-962
14Notts County45187208985461
15Tranmere RoversTranmere45176226666057
16Morecambe45179196478-1457
17Newport CountyNewport45167226172-1155
18Accrington StanleyAccrington45159215970-1154
19Swindon TownSwindon451411207480-653
20Salford City451311216480-1650
21Grimsby Town451116185772-1549
22Colchester UnitedColchester451111235879-2144
23Sutton UnitedSutton45914225580-2541
RForest Green RoversForest Green45109264378-3539


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!