MX23RW : Saturday, April 13 13:39:23| >> :600:1030949:1030949:
Lyon
Coupe de France | Quarter-Finals
Feb 27, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Parc Olympique Lyonnais
Strasbourg

Lyon
0 - 0
Strasbourg


Caleta-Car (88')
FT

Mwanga (64'), Sissoko (88'), Bellaarouch (90+1')
Lyon win 4-3 on penalties

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Coupe de France clash between Lyon and Strasbourg, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Metz 1-2 Lyon
Friday, February 23 at 8pm in Ligue 1

We said: Lyon 2-0 Strasbourg

These sides are going in opposite directions, and we trust the experience and quality of Lyon a lot more than Strasbourg, who will be relatively unfamiliar with a pressure situation like this. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Lyon win with a probability of 45.98%. A win for Strasbourg had a probability of 29.71% and a draw had a probability of 24.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Lyon win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.3%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.98%) and 2-0 (7.34%). The likeliest Strasbourg win was 1-2 (7.21%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.38%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 5.5% likelihood.

Result
LyonDrawStrasbourg
45.98% (0.033000000000001 0.03) 24.32% (-0.009999999999998 -0.01) 29.71% (-0.024000000000001 -0.02)
Both teams to score 57.82% (0.025999999999996 0.03)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
55.42% (0.039000000000001 0.04)44.57% (-0.037999999999997 -0.04)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
33.06% (0.036999999999999 0.04)66.94% (-0.038000000000011 -0.04)
Lyon Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.48% (0.027000000000001 0.03)19.52% (-0.028000000000002 -0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
48.59% (0.047000000000004 0.05)51.41% (-0.045999999999999 -0.05)
Strasbourg Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.84% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)28.16% (-0.0070000000000014 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.15% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)63.84% (-0.0069999999999979 -0.01)
Score Analysis
    Lyon 45.98%
    Strasbourg 29.71%
    Draw 24.31%
LyonDrawStrasbourg
2-1 @ 9.3% (0.0030000000000001 0)
1-0 @ 8.98% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
2-0 @ 7.34% (0.0010000000000003 0)
3-1 @ 5.06% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
3-0 @ 3.99% (0.004 0)
3-2 @ 3.21% (0.0050000000000003 0.01)
4-1 @ 2.07% (0.0049999999999999 0)
4-0 @ 1.63% (0.0030000000000001 0)
4-2 @ 1.31% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Other @ 3.09%
Total : 45.98%
1-1 @ 11.38%
2-2 @ 5.89% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-0 @ 5.5% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
3-3 @ 1.36% (0.002 0)
Other @ 0.19%
Total : 24.31%
1-2 @ 7.21% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
0-1 @ 6.97% (-0.011 -0.01)
0-2 @ 4.41% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
1-3 @ 3.05% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
2-3 @ 2.49% (0.00099999999999989 0)
0-3 @ 1.87% (-0.002 -0)
1-4 @ 0.97%
Other @ 2.75%
Total : 29.71%

How you voted: Lyon vs Strasbourg

Lyon
89.3%
Draw
6.8%
Strasbourg
3.9%
103
Head to Head
Aug 13, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 1
Strasbourg
2-1
Lyon
Bellegarde (63'), Mothiba (75')
Doukoure (8'), Bellegarde (45+6')
Tagliafico (88')
Tolisso (45+5'), Kumbedi (61')
Apr 28, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 33
Strasbourg
1-2
Lyon
Sanson (15')
Lukeba (32'), Caqueret (36')
Jan 14, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 19
Lyon
1-2
Strasbourg
Lacazette (45+2' pen.)
Aholou (29'), Diallo (32')
Apr 10, 2022 6pm
Gameweek 31
Strasbourg
1-1
Lyon
Sissoko (20')
Aholou (68'), Ajorque (90+1'), Sissoko (90+1')
Toko Ekambi (90')
Dubois (90+1')
Sep 12, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 5
Lyon
3-1
Strasbourg
Dembele (8'), Denayer (64'), Paqueta (87')
Diomande (29'), Boateng (84')
Diallo (90+6' pen.)
Djiku (47')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Arsenal31225475245171
2Liverpool31218272304271
3Manchester CityMan City31217371314070
4Aston Villa32186866491760
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs32186865491660
6Newcastle UnitedNewcastle321551269521750
7Manchester UnitedMan Utd31154124546-149
8West Ham UnitedWest Ham32139105256-448
9Chelsea30128105552344
10Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton311110105149243
11Wolverhampton WanderersWolves31126134449-542
12Bournemouth31118124555-1041
13Fulham32116154751-439
14Crystal Palace3179153654-1830
15Brentford3278174558-1329
16Everton3198143242-1027
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3278174056-1625
18Luton TownLuton3267194565-2025
19Burnley3247213267-3519
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd3137213082-5216


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!