MX23RW : Sunday, April 14 20:46:33| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Sunderland
Championship | Gameweek 34
Feb 24, 2024 at 3pm UK
Stadium of Light
Swansea logo

Sunderland
1 - 2
Swansea

O'Nien (77')
Hume (45+4'), Dodds (46')
FT(HT: 0-2)
Pereira Martins (19', 28')
Paterson (45+5'), Cabango (45+5'), Darling (90+2'), Tymon (90+4')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Championship clash between Sunderland and Swansea City, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Birmingham 2-1 Sunderland
Saturday, February 17 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: Swansea 1-2 Ipswich
Saturday, February 17 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Sunderland 1-1 Swansea City

While Sunderland have shown in the past that they can flourish under Dodds, there is no certainty that will continue here. Swansea may benefit from a free midweek to earn themselves a much-needed share of the spoils. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a Sunderland win with a probability of 54.85%. A win for Swansea City has a probability of 22.96% and a draw has a probability of 22.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Sunderland win is 2-1 with a probability of 9.82%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome are 1-0 (8.78%) and 2-0 (8.41%). The likeliest Swansea City win is 1-2 (5.98%), while for a drawn scoreline it is 1-1 (10.24%).

Result
SunderlandDrawSwansea City
54.85% (0.18 0.18) 22.19% (0.036000000000001 0.04) 22.96% (-0.216 -0.22)
Both teams to score 58.74% (-0.40900000000001 -0.41)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
59.53% (-0.413 -0.41)40.47% (0.412 0.41)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
37.15% (-0.425 -0.42)62.85% (0.425 0.42)
Sunderland Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
85.29% (-0.084000000000003 -0.08)14.7% (0.082000000000001 0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
57.1% (-0.161 -0.16)42.89% (0.161 0.16)
Swansea City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.86% (-0.413 -0.41)31.13% (0.412 0.41)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.54% (-0.481 -0.48)67.46% (0.48100000000001 0.48)
Score Analysis
    Sunderland 54.85%
    Swansea City 22.96%
    Draw 22.19%
SunderlandDrawSwansea City
2-1 @ 9.82% (0.017000000000001 0.02)
1-0 @ 8.78% (0.14 0.14)
2-0 @ 8.41% (0.109 0.11)
3-1 @ 6.27% (-0.008 -0.01)
3-0 @ 5.38% (0.054 0.05)
3-2 @ 3.66% (-0.047 -0.05)
4-1 @ 3.01% (-0.013 -0.01)
4-0 @ 2.58% (0.018 0.02)
4-2 @ 1.75% (-0.027 -0.03)
5-1 @ 1.15% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
5-0 @ 0.99% (0.005 0.01)
Other @ 3.07%
Total : 54.85%
1-1 @ 10.24% (0.050000000000001 0.05)
2-2 @ 5.73% (-0.055 -0.05)
0-0 @ 4.58% (0.086 0.09)
3-3 @ 1.42% (-0.035 -0.03)
Other @ 0.22%
Total : 22.19%
1-2 @ 5.98% (-0.04 -0.04)
0-1 @ 5.34% (0.04 0.04)
0-2 @ 3.12% (-0.011 -0.01)
1-3 @ 2.32% (-0.042 -0.04)
2-3 @ 2.23% (-0.048 -0.05)
0-3 @ 1.21% (-0.019 -0.02)
Other @ 2.76%
Total : 22.96%

How you voted: Sunderland vs Swansea

Sunderland
58.1%
Draw
22.6%
Swansea City
19.4%
31
Head to Head
Nov 4, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 15
Swansea
0-0
Sunderland
Patino (10'), Duff (11'), Fulton (50'), Darling (80')
Patino (30')
Rusyn (20'), Ballard (52'), O'Nien (90+3')
Jan 14, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 27
Sunderland
1-3
Swansea
Neill (64')
Piroe (50'), Cullen (70'), Cooper (78')
Oct 8, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 14
Swansea
2-1
Sunderland
Cooper (13'), Darling (45+1')
Clarke (51')
May 13, 2017 3pm
Sunderland
0-2
Swansea

Larsson (58'), Khazri (78'), Gibson (84'), Borini (86')
Llorente (9'), Naughton (45')
Dec 10, 2016 3pm
Swansea
3-0
Sunderland
Sigurdsson (50' pen.), Llorente (54', 80')
Rangel (60')

Ndong (18'), Denayer (43')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Result
Ruud
Tsitsipas
1 4
6 6
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Ipswich TownIpswich432611685533289
2Leicester CityLeicester422841079384188
3Leeds UnitedLeeds43269876344287
4Southampton41249881542781
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4320121166422472
6Norwich CityNorwich432181476601671
7Hull City421811136254865
8Coventry CityCoventry4217121366521463
9Middlesbrough43189166156563
10Preston North EndPreston42189155657-163
11Cardiff CityCardiff43185204860-1259
12Bristol City431610175046458
13Sunderland43168195250256
14Swansea CitySwansea431411185362-953
15Watford431216155958152
16Millwall431311194255-1350
17Blackburn RoversBlackburn431310205771-1449
18Plymouth ArgylePlymouth431212195866-848
19Queens Park RangersQPR431211204057-1747
20Stoke CityStoke431211204160-1947
21Birmingham CityBirmingham43129224864-1645
22Huddersfield TownHuddersfield43917174770-2344
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds43128233667-3144
RRotherham UnitedRotherham43411283285-5323


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!