MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 12:48:33| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Stoke logo
Championship | Gameweek 20
Dec 9, 2023 at 3pm UK
Bet365 Stadium
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Stoke
0 - 1
Sheff Weds

Burger (10'), McNally (82'), Clark (88')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Musaba (90+1')
Famewo (9'), Johnson (34'), Bannan (90+6'), Musaba (90+5')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Championship clash between Stoke City and Sheffield Wednesday, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Plymouth 2-1 Stoke
Saturday, December 2 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: Sheff Weds 3-1 Blackburn
Saturday, December 2 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Stoke City 1-2 Sheffield Wednesday

Despite their poor start to the season, Sheffield Wednesday will certainly travel with renewed confidence following their recent results and have reason to be optimistic with Rohl at the helm. We fancy the Owls to score a first away win of the season against a Stoke City side who are slipping down the table in the midst of a rut. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Stoke City win with a probability of 45.32%. A win for Sheffield Wednesday had a probability of 28.47% and a draw had a probability of 26.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Stoke City win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.39%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.04%) and 2-0 (8.27%). The likeliest Sheffield Wednesday win was 0-1 (8.58%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.45%). The actual scoreline of 0-1 was predicted with an 8.6% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted that Sheffield Wednesday would win this match.

Result
Stoke CityDrawSheffield Wednesday
45.32% (0.119 0.12) 26.21% (0.0070000000000014 0.01) 28.47% (-0.128 -0.13)
Both teams to score 50.91% (-0.108 -0.11)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
46.75% (-0.101 -0.1)53.25% (0.098999999999997 0.1)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
25.19% (-0.086000000000002 -0.09)74.81% (0.084000000000003 0.08)
Stoke City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.57% (0.010999999999996 0.01)23.43% (-0.013000000000002 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.57% (0.018000000000001 0.02)57.43% (-0.019000000000005 -0.02)
Sheffield Wednesday Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
66.48% (-0.151 -0.15)33.52% (0.149 0.15)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
29.84% (-0.165 -0.16)70.16% (0.161 0.16)
Score Analysis
    Stoke City 45.32%
    Sheffield Wednesday 28.47%
    Draw 26.2%
Stoke CityDrawSheffield Wednesday
1-0 @ 11.39% (0.050000000000001 0.05)
2-1 @ 9.04% (0.004999999999999 0)
2-0 @ 8.27% (0.039 0.04)
3-1 @ 4.37% (0.0040000000000004 0)
3-0 @ 4% (0.02 0.02)
3-2 @ 2.39% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
4-1 @ 1.59% (0.002 0)
4-0 @ 1.45% (0.008 0.01)
Other @ 2.81%
Total : 45.32%
1-1 @ 12.45%
0-0 @ 7.85% (0.03 0.03)
2-2 @ 4.94% (-0.016999999999999 -0.02)
Other @ 0.96%
Total : 26.2%
0-1 @ 8.58% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
1-2 @ 6.81% (-0.026 -0.03)
0-2 @ 4.69% (-0.02 -0.02)
1-3 @ 2.48% (-0.019 -0.02)
2-3 @ 1.8% (-0.014 -0.01)
0-3 @ 1.71% (-0.014 -0.01)
Other @ 2.4%
Total : 28.47%

How you voted: Stoke vs Sheff Weds

Stoke City
46.2%
Draw
23.1%
Sheffield Wednesday
30.8%
13
Head to Head
Feb 16, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 30
Stoke
1-0
Sheff Weds
Fletcher (83')
Clarke (90+2')

Hutchinson (41')
Nov 28, 2020 3pm
Gameweek 14
Sheff Weds
0-0
Stoke
Shaw (42'), Harris (68'), Bannan (79'), Luongo (86')
Collins (67'), Clucas (86')
Dec 26, 2019 3pm
Gameweek 24
Stoke
3-2
Sheff Weds
McClean (11'), Campbell (93'), Vokes (97')
Fox (67'), Lees (74')
Harris (45'), Bannan (76')
Oct 22, 2019 7.45pm
Gameweek 13
Sheff Weds
1-0
Stoke
Luongo (43')
Luongo (36'), Hutchinson (90')

Allen (87')
Mar 30, 2019 3pm
Gameweek 39
Stoke
0-0
Sheff Weds
Ince (84')
Hutchinson (43'), Lees (45'), Nuhiu (80')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester34253670294178
2Leeds UnitedLeeds34226664273772
3Ipswich TownIpswich34219468452372
4Southampton34207765422367
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom341681049321756
6Hull City34167115043755
7Norwich CityNorwich34157125951852
8Preston North EndPreston34157124752-552
9Coventry CityCoventry341312951401151
10Sunderland34145154639747
11Watford341111125047344
12Bristol City34128143939044
13Middlesbrough33135154749-244
14Cardiff CityCardiff34135163948-944
15Plymouth ArgylePlymouth341010145357-440
16Blackburn RoversBlackburn34116174860-1239
17Swansea CitySwansea34109154355-1239
18Birmingham CityBirmingham33108153851-1338
19Huddersfield TownHuddersfield34813134055-1537
20Millwall3499163347-1436
21Queens Park RangersQPR3498173245-1335
22Stoke CityStoke3498173148-1735
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds3495202853-2532
24Rotherham UnitedRotherham34310213066-3619

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!