MX23RW : Monday, February 26 14:29:35| >> :600:237898:237898:
Lazio logo
Champions League | Group Stage
Nov 28, 2023 at 5.45pm UK
Stadio Olimpico
Celtic logo
Lazio
2 - 0
Celtic
Immobile (82', 85')
Rovella (50'), Pedro (89'), Patric (90+4')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Taylor (27'), Johnston (35'), O'Riley (71'), Yang (78')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Champions League clash between Lazio and Celtic, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Celtic 1-1 Motherwell
Saturday, November 25 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: Lazio 2-1 Celtic

While Lazio are struggling to produce consistent performances in Serie A, they have fared reasonably well in the Champions League group stage, having lost just one of their four matches, and we think that they will claim a narrow victory on Tuesday to prolong Celtic's poor run of form in European football. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Celtic win with a probability of 44.87%. A win for Lazio had a probability of 31.34% and a draw had a probability of 23.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Celtic win was 1-2 with a probability of 9.16%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (7.98%) and 0-2 (6.7%). The likeliest Lazio win was 2-1 (7.46%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.91%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 4.4% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted that Lazio would win this match.

Result
LazioDrawCeltic
31.34% (0.23 0.23) 23.78% (-0.024999999999999 -0.02) 44.87% (-0.211 -0.21)
Both teams to score 60.63% (0.206 0.21)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.72% (0.21700000000001 0.22)41.28% (-0.222 -0.22)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
36.32% (0.22000000000001 0.22)63.67% (-0.225 -0.23)
Lazio Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.53% (0.249 0.25)25.46% (-0.254 -0.25)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
39.7% (0.341 0.34)60.29% (-0.346 -0.35)
Celtic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.33%18.66% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
50.01% (0.0030000000000001 0)49.98% (-0.0069999999999979 -0.01)
Score Analysis
    Lazio 31.34%
    Celtic 44.87%
    Draw 23.78%
LazioDrawCeltic
2-1 @ 7.46% (0.034 0.03)
1-0 @ 6.5% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)
2-0 @ 4.45% (0.019 0.02)
3-1 @ 3.4% (0.039 0.04)
3-2 @ 2.86% (0.034 0.03)
3-0 @ 2.03% (0.023 0.02)
4-1 @ 1.16% (0.022 0.02)
4-2 @ 0.98% (0.018 0.02)
Other @ 2.51%
Total : 31.34%
1-1 @ 10.91% (-0.029999999999999 -0.03)
2-2 @ 6.27% (0.029 0.03)
0-0 @ 4.75% (-0.048 -0.05)
3-3 @ 1.6% (0.019 0.02)
Other @ 0.25%
Total : 23.78%
1-2 @ 9.16% (-0.023999999999999 -0.02)
0-1 @ 7.98% (-0.08 -0.08)
0-2 @ 6.7% (-0.066 -0.07)
1-3 @ 5.13% (-0.012 -0.01)
0-3 @ 3.75% (-0.036 -0.04)
2-3 @ 3.51% (0.017 0.02)
1-4 @ 2.15% (-0.0050000000000003 -0.01)
0-4 @ 1.57% (-0.016 -0.02)
2-4 @ 1.47% (0.008 0.01)
Other @ 3.47%
Total : 44.87%

How you voted: Lazio vs Celtic

Lazio
82.8%
Draw
9.8%
Celtic
7.4%
215
Head to Head
Oct 4, 2023 8pm
Group Stage
Celtic
1-2
Lazio
Furuhashi (12')
Phillips (45+2'), Palma (82')
Vecino (29'), Pedro (90+5')
Alberto (61'), Castellanos (74'), Vecino (90+3'), Sepe (90+7')
Nov 7, 2019 5.55pm
Group Stage
Lazio
1-2
Celtic
Immobile (7')
Caicedo (42')
Forrest (38'), Ntcham (95')
Brown (51')
Oct 24, 2019 8pm
Group Stage
Celtic
2-1
Lazio
Christie (67'), Jullien (89')
Elyounoussi (62'), Jullien (77'), Ajer (94')
Lazzari (40')
Bastos (76'), Cataldi (87')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Liverpool26186263253860
2Manchester CityMan City26185359263359
3Arsenal26184462233958
4Aston Villa26164656352152
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs25145652381447
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd26142103636044
7Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton2610974941839
8Wolverhampton WanderersWolves26115104040038
9Newcastle UnitedNewcastle26114115445937
10West Ham UnitedWest Ham2510693644-836
11Chelsea25105104241135
12Fulham2695123642-632
13Crystal Palace2677123144-1328
14Bournemouth2577113347-1428
15Brentford2574143544-925
16Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest2666143448-1424
17Everton2687112834-621
18Luton TownLuton2555153551-1620
19Burnley2634192558-3313
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd2634192266-4413

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!