MX23RW : Saturday, June 22 11:22:12| >> :300:86500:86500:
Augsburg logo
Leverkusen logo
Bayern logo
Dortmund logo
Borussia Monchengladbach logo
Eintracht Frankfurt logo
Koln logo
Freiburg logo
Heidenheim
Hoffenheim logo
Mainz logo
Leipzig logo
SV Darmstadt
Stuttgart
Union Berlin logo
VfL Bochum
Werder Bremen logo
Wolfsburg
Union Berlin logo
Bundesliga | Gameweek 34
May 18, 2024 at 2.30pm UK
Stadion An der Alten Forsterei
Freiburg logo

Union Berlin
2 - 1
Freiburg

Hollerbach (68'), Haberer (90+2')
Knoche (52'), Trimmel (67'), Juranovic (70'), Gosens (75'), Haberer (85'), Laidouni (90+7'), Volland (90+8')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Doan (85')
Makengo (37'), Doan (54'), Kubler (75'), Eggestein (90+1')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Bundesliga clash between Union Berlin and Freiburg, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: FC Koln 3-2 Union Berlin
Saturday, May 11 at 2.30pm in Bundesliga
Last Game: Freiburg 1-1 Heidenheim
Saturday, May 11 at 2.30pm in Bundesliga

We said: Union Berlin 1-2 Freiburg

It is hard to look beyond a win for Freiburg on Saturday, despite Union's dire need for one. The departing Streich has seen his side thrive on the road in recent weeks, an antithesis of their wretched home form, and they should inflict a fourth straight loss on the Iron Ones on Saturday. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Union Berlin win with a probability of 37.68%. A win for Freiburg had a probability of 36.92% and a draw had a probability of 25.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a Union Berlin win was 1-0 with a probability of 8.69%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.38%) and 2-0 (6.07%). The likeliest Freiburg win was 0-1 (8.59%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.99%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with an 8.4% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Union Berlin would win this match.

Result
Union BerlinDrawFreiburg
37.68% (0.98399999999999 0.98) 25.4% (0.18 0.18) 36.92% (-1.159 -1.16)
Both teams to score 56.34% (-0.625 -0.63)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
52.52% (-0.806 -0.81)47.48% (0.811 0.81)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
30.31% (-0.749 -0.75)69.69% (0.75399999999999 0.75)
Union Berlin Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.27% (0.16900000000001 0.17)24.73% (-0.165 -0.16)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
40.71% (0.234 0.23)59.29% (-0.228 -0.23)
Freiburg Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.86% (-0.996 -1)25.14% (1.002 1)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
40.14% (-1.398 -1.4)59.86% (1.403 1.4)
Score Analysis
    Union Berlin 37.68%
    Freiburg 36.92%
    Draw 25.39%
Union BerlinDrawFreiburg
1-0 @ 8.69% (0.33 0.33)
2-1 @ 8.38% (0.12 0.12)
2-0 @ 6.07% (0.258 0.26)
3-1 @ 3.9% (0.075 0.08)
3-0 @ 2.83% (0.133 0.13)
3-2 @ 2.69% (-0.026 -0.03)
4-1 @ 1.36% (0.033 0.03)
4-0 @ 0.99% (0.051 0.05)
4-2 @ 0.94% (-0.004 -0)
Other @ 1.83%
Total : 37.68%
1-1 @ 11.99% (0.12 0.12)
0-0 @ 6.22% (0.208 0.21)
2-2 @ 5.78% (-0.084 -0.08)
3-3 @ 1.24% (-0.049 -0.05)
Other @ 0.16%
Total : 25.39%
0-1 @ 8.59% (0.043000000000001 0.04)
1-2 @ 8.28% (-0.161 -0.16)
0-2 @ 5.93% (-0.144 -0.14)
1-3 @ 3.81% (-0.188 -0.19)
0-3 @ 2.73% (-0.149 -0.15)
2-3 @ 2.66% (-0.118 -0.12)
1-4 @ 1.32% (-0.105 -0.11)
0-4 @ 0.94% (-0.081 -0.08)
2-4 @ 0.92% (-0.069 -0.07)
Other @ 1.76%
Total : 36.92%

How you voted: Union Berlin vs Freiburg

Union Berlin
38.0%
Draw
19.0%
Freiburg
43.0%
79
Head to Head
Jan 13, 2024 2.30pm
Gameweek 17
Freiburg
0-0
Union Berlin
Aaronson (50'), Ronnow (90+5')
May 13, 2023 2.30pm
Gameweek 32
Union Berlin
4-2
Freiburg
Behrens (5'), Becker (36', 38'), Laidouni (80')
Khedira (15'), Behrens (33'), Becker (36')
Gulde (56'), Grifo (70' pen.)
Gregoritsch (90+5')
Nov 13, 2022 4.30pm
Gameweek 15
Freiburg
4-1
Union Berlin
Grifo (4' pen., 6', 20' pen.), Gregoritsch (45+1')
Michel (84' pen.)
May 7, 2022 2.30pm
Gameweek 33
Freiburg
1-4
Union Berlin
Holer (59')
Sallai (67')
Promel (11'), Trimmel (30'), Becker (41'), Schafer (90')
Oczipka (50'), Luthe (69')
Dec 15, 2021 7.30pm
Gameweek 16
Union Berlin
0-0
Freiburg
Becker (77')
Hofler (35')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Ukraine Ukraine21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Belgium Belgium10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Turkey Turkey11003
2 Portugal Portugal11003
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic10010
4 Georgia Georgia10010


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!