MX23RW : Sunday, October 25 02:17:30| >> :120:20330:20330:

Monday's Barcelona transfer talk news roundup: Luis Suarez, Nelson Semedo, Tanguy Ndombele

Here, Sports Mole rounds up the latest transfer talk for Barcelona on Monday, September 21.

The summer transfer window has now begun, with rumours and speculation continuing to swirl as Barcelona eye possible reinforcements.

The Spanish champions spent big on Antoine Griezmann last summer but missed out on a big-name striker in January and have been hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic, meaning that selling players rather than buying could be their priority this summer.

Here, Sports Mole rounds up the latest transfer news from the Camp Nou.

Monday morning's Barcelona transfer talk news roundup:


Atletico Madrid 'working to sign Luis Suarez on a free transfer'

Luis Suarez celebrates scoring for Barcelona on October 2, 2019© Reuters

Atletico Madrid are reportedly hopeful of signing Luis Suarez on a free transfer this summer.

The 33-year-old has been told that he can leave Barcelona before the end of the transfer window, and Juventus had been strongly linked with a move for the Uruguay international.

The Italian champions are now out of the running for the experienced striker, but he is still expected to leave Camp Nou over the next couple of weeks.

Suarez has a contract with the side until next June, but it has been suggested that Barca would be prepared to allow him to leave for nothing this summer.

According to Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano, Atletico are attempting to sign the South American on a free transfer, although the deal relies on the player coming to an agreement with his current club.

Suarez has scored 198 goals and registered 109 assists in 283 appearances for Barca in all competitions.



Wolverhampton Wanderers 'closing in on Barcelona's Nelson Semedo'

Barcelona's Nelson Semedo in action with Real Madrid's Toni Kroos in La Liga at Camp Nou on December 18, 2019© Reuters

Wolverhampton Wanderers are reportedly closing in on the signing of Barcelona defender Nelson Semedo.

On Saturday, it was claimed that Barca were in talks with a Premier League club over the Portugal international, who is believed to be surplus to requirements at Camp Nou.

Manchester City were linked with the 26-year-old earlier this summer, but according to Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano, Wolves are on the verge of signing the right-back.

Romano claims that a deal for the Portuguese will be completed "soon" as Wolves move to replace Matt Doherty following his switch to Tottenham Hotspur.

Semedo has been a regular for Barca since arriving from Benfica in 2017, making 124 appearances in all competitions, including 42 outings during the 2019-20 campaign.

The defender is expected to cost Nuno Espirito Santo's side in the region of £35m.


More transfer news from Barcelona:

Tanguy Ndombele decides to stay at Tottenham Hotspur?
Midfielder Tanguy Ndombele reportedly has no plans to push for a transfer away from Tottenham Hotspur before the end of the summer window. Read more.

Josep Maria Bartomeu congratulates himself for keeping Lionel Messi
President Josep Maria Bartomeu feels that the Barcelona board deserve credit for retaining the services of Lionel Messi. Read more.

Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal 'closing in on Inter Milan move'
Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal is reportedly on the brink of completing a transfer to Inter Milan. Read more.

Juventus rule out summer move for Luis Suarez
Juventus director Fabio Paratici says that Barcelona forward Luis Suarez will not be joining the Italian club this summer. Read more.

ID:415259:cQx

Click here for more stories about Barcelona

Share this article now:
Did you know...?
Barcelona's Nelson Semedo in action with Real Madrid's Toni Kroos in La Liga at Camp Nou on December 18, 2019
Read Next:
Wolves 'closing in on Barcelona's Nelson Semedo'
>
Latest Sports Video
Sports Mole Logo
Enter your email address to subscribe to Sports Mole's free match previews newsletter! Updates are sent twice a week.