Lionel Messi's suggestions that he did not enjoy playing in the 3-5-2 formation adopted at the start of Argentina's opening win over Bosnia-Herzegovina sparked claims that there had been a fallout with Sabella, who believes that it is fine to allow members of the squad to speak about tactics.
"I don't look for external enemies and let my players speak freely as they wish," the 59-year-old told reporters. "They can say whatever they want to the press.
"Otherwise we'd always be looking over our shoulders to see where the next blow might come from. I was not hurt because Leo had already said that before. He was not disrespectful to me."
Argentina's campaign continues against Iran on Saturday.