MX23RW : Wednesday, October 23 06:14:54| >> :600:3967746:3967746:

Alonso admits 2021 return possible

Alonso admits 2021 return possible
© Reuters
Fernando Alonso has flagged the possibility of a return to Formula 1 in 2021.

Fernando Alonso has flagged the possibility of a return to Formula 1 in 2021.

Having retired at the end of last year, the double world champion is back on the pitwall this weekend at Monza as a McLaren ambassador.

"Let's see," he told Britain's Sky when asked about his future in F1.

"I need to figure out a couple of different challenges out of Formula 1 that I need to complete."

One of them is the Indy 500, which he needs to wrap up the 'triple crown'. Another is the Dakar rally, which the 38-year-old is currently preparing for.

After that, Alonso says the 2021 rules could provide a good opportunity to come back.

"I think it's a good mix that we can find there and maybe a different Formula 1 than what we see now," he said.

body check tags ::

Click here for more stories about Fernando Alonso

Click here for more stories about McLaren

Share this article now:
Instagram - Follow Sports Mole
Pedro de la Rosa pictured in March 2013
Read Next:
No Alonso comeback in 2020 - de la Rosa
>

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!