MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 13:32:44| >> :300:86500:86500:
Basel
Swiss Super League | Gameweek 17
Dec 9, 2023 at 5pm UK
St. Jakob-Park
Basel
0 - 1
Grasshopper

Frei (19'), Dubasin (65'), Veiga (88')
Xhaka (18')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Babunski (72')
Hoxha (45+5'), Tobers (47')
Coverage of the Swiss Super League clash between Basel and Grasshopper Zurich.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Lugano 1-3 Basel
Wednesday, December 6 at 7.30pm in Swiss Super League
Last Game: Grasshopper 5-0 Lausanne
Saturday, December 2 at 5pm in Swiss Super League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Basel win with a probability of 48.11%. A win for Grasshopper Zurich had a probability of 28.1% and a draw had a probability of 23.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Basel win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.46%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.83%) and 2-0 (7.55%). The likeliest Grasshopper Zurich win was 1-2 (6.94%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.06%). The actual scoreline of 0-1 was predicted with a 6.5% likelihood.

Result
BaselDrawGrasshopper Zurich
48.11% (0.117 0.12) 23.78% (-0.068999999999999 -0.07) 28.1% (-0.048999999999999 -0.05)
Both teams to score 58.53% (0.194 0.19)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
56.86% (0.275 0.27)43.14% (-0.27399999999999 -0.27)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.46% (0.267 0.27)65.54% (-0.267 -0.27)
Basel Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.91% (0.151 0.15)18.09% (-0.151 -0.15)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
50.98% (0.25700000000001 0.26)49.02% (-0.256 -0.26)
Grasshopper Zurich Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.46% (0.105 0.11)28.54% (-0.104 -0.1)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.67% (0.132 0.13)64.33% (-0.131 -0.13)
Score Analysis
    Basel 48.11%
    Grasshopper Zurich 28.11%
    Draw 23.77%
BaselDrawGrasshopper Zurich
2-1 @ 9.46% (0.0069999999999997 0.01)
1-0 @ 8.83% (-0.063000000000001 -0.06)
2-0 @ 7.55% (-0.017 -0.02)
3-1 @ 5.39% (0.03 0.03)
3-0 @ 4.3% (0.012 0.01)
3-2 @ 3.38% (0.028 0.03)
4-1 @ 2.31% (0.024 0.02)
4-0 @ 1.84% (0.014 0.01)
4-2 @ 1.45% (0.019 0.02)
Other @ 3.61%
Total : 48.11%
1-1 @ 11.06% (-0.049999999999999 -0.05)
2-2 @ 5.93% (0.021000000000001 0.02)
0-0 @ 5.16% (-0.061999999999999 -0.06)
3-3 @ 1.41% (0.016 0.02)
Other @ 0.21%
Total : 23.77%
1-2 @ 6.94% (-0.008 -0.01)
0-1 @ 6.47% (-0.059 -0.06)
0-2 @ 4.06% (-0.025 -0.03)
1-3 @ 2.9% (0.0049999999999999 0)
2-3 @ 2.48% (0.016 0.02)
0-3 @ 1.7% (-0.0050000000000001 -0.01)
1-4 @ 0.91% (0.004 0)
Other @ 2.65%
Total : 28.11%

Head to Head
Aug 6, 2023 3.30pm
Gameweek 3
Grasshopper
3-1
Basel
De Carvalho Ferreira (7'), Morandi (16'), Dadasov (37')
Comas (18')
May 29, 2023 3.30pm
Gameweek 36
Basel
3-1
Grasshopper
Amdouni (50', 69'), Ndoye (81')
Frei (59')
Herc (90+2')
Ndenge (26'), Loosli (57'), Herc (72')
Feb 4, 2023 5pm
Gameweek 19
Grasshopper
1-0
Basel
Kawabe (90+4')
Nov 12, 2022 7.30pm
Sep 11, 2022 3.30pm
Gameweek 8
Basel
5-1
Grasshopper
Ndoye (3'), Zeqiri (17'), Augustin (59', 68' pen.), Burger (73')
Morandi (31' pen.)
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Young Boys24156351222951
2Servette24128442291344
3St GallenSt Gallen2512493831740
4FC Zurich24109536241239
5Luzern25114103335-237
6LuganoLugano24104104339434
7FC WinterthurWinterthur249694449-533
8Basel2594123137-631
9Yverdon Sport2586113250-1830
10Grasshopper ZurichGrasshopper2584133132-128
11Lausanne SportLausanne2467113238-625
12Stade Lausanne-OuchySLO2536162552-2715

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!