MX23RW : Monday, September 20 19:35:38| >> :600:5806342:5806342:

FA Cup roundup: Southport advance to second round with Dagenham & Redbridge win

Sports Mole rounds up all the action from Tuesday night's games in the first round of the FA Cup.

Conference side Southport advanced to the second round of the FA Cup as they dumped Dagenham & Redbridge out of the competition with a 2-0 victory.

The League Two side were reduced to 10 men just before the break when Luke Howell was sent off, and early in the second half John Marsden fired the home side ahead.

Danny Hattersley scored from the penalty spot minutes later to send his side through, where they will face Eastleigh at the Merseyrail Community Stadium.

Sheffield United set up a clash against Plymouth Argyle in the next round as they defeated Crewe Alexandra 2-0 in their match at Bramall Lane.

Chris Basham of Sheffield United congratulates Ryan Flynn on his goal during the FA Cup First Round Replay match between Sheffield United and Cewe Alexandra at Bramell Lane on November 18, 2014© Getty Images

Ryan Flynn struck in the 19th minute to fire his side ahead and notched his second of the game 13 minutes from time to guide the Blades through.

Doncaster Rovers hammered Weston-super-Mare 4-1 in their clash at the Woodspring Stadium to secure a meeting against Oldham Athletic in the second round.

Main Curtis of Doncaster Rovers celebrates scoring his side's first goal during the FA Cup First Round match between Weston-Super-Mare and Doncaster Rovers on November 18, 2014© Getty Images

Curtis Main fired the visitors ahead in the 16th minute and Theo Robinson soon scored their second to put them in command of the game.

James Coppinger netted the third on the stroke of half time, and after the break Richie Wellens secured the match with Doncaster's fourth of the evening, while Liam Monelle scored a consolation for the home side.

Two late goals fired Rochdale to a comeback win over Northampton Town in their clash to set up a meeting against Aldershot Town or Portsmouth.

Ivan Toney fired the visitors in front in the fourth minute, and they held the lead until five minutes from time when Reuben Noble-Lazarus found an equaliser for Rochdale. In stoppage time, Olly Lancashire found the net to allow his side to advance.

Goals either side of half time from Luke Joyce and Marcus Carver fired Accrington Stanley into the next round in their 2-1 victory over Notts County.

The visitors had taken the lead in the 12th minute through Ronan Murray, but the home side responded to book their place in the second round to face Yeovil Town.

AFC Telford United sealed their place in the second round of the competition with a 2-1 victory over Basingstoke Town, despite playing the final 33 minutes with 10 men.

Andy Parry and Tony Gray had fired the home side into a 2-0 lead at the break, but Louie Soares fired the visitors back into the game, while Michael Grogan saw red for Telford. However, they held out for the victory and will now face Bristol City.

A brace late in the game from Matt Tubbs helped AFC Wimbledon advance into the second round courtesy of a 3-1 win over York City.

Wes Fletcher had given City a fifth-minute lead, but Jack Smith found an equaliser after the break, while Tubbs fired a late salvo to push his side through where they will meet Wycombe Wanderers.

Liam Lawrence scored the only goal of the game to fire Shrewsbury Town into the next round with a 1-0 victory over Walsall. The Shrews will travel to face Preston North End.

Mansfield Town and Concord Rangers played out a 1-1 draw as Danny Glozier's own goal was cancelled out by a strike from Jordan Chiedozie. The replay will take place on November 25, while a clash against Cambridge United awaits the winners.

Results in full: Mansfield Town 1-1 Concord Rangers, AFC Wimbledon 3-1 York City, Accrington Stanley 2-1 Notts County, Southport 2-0 Dagenham and Redbridge, Rochdale 2-1 Northampton Town, Weston-super-Mare 1-4 Doncaster Rovers, Shrewsbury Town 1-0 Walsall, AFC Telford United 2-1 Basingstoke Town, Sheffield United 2-0 Crewe Alexandra

ID:188959: cacheID:188959:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:restore:10152:
Restore Data
Share this article now:
Did you know...?
A general view of the ground before the FA Cup 1st Round match between Burton Albion and Oxford United at the Pirelli Stadium on November 7, 2010
Read Next:
League Two roundup: Burton stay second

rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!