MX23RW : Saturday, February 24 03:06:00| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
Celtic logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 16
Dec 6, 2023 at 7.45pm UK
Celtic Park
Hibs logo
Celtic
4 - 1
Hibernian
Oh (5', 55'), O'Riley (36'), Palma (51' pen.)
Palma (21'), McGregor (44')
FT(HT: 2-0)
Doidge (72')
Fish (84'), Molotnikov (86')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Scottish Premiership clash between Celtic and Hibernian, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: St Johnstone 1-3 Celtic
Sunday, December 3 at 12pm in Scottish Premiership
Last Game: Hibernian 2-0 Aberdeen
Sunday, December 3 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: Celtic 3-0 Hibernian

Celtic were relatively close to an embarrassing slip-up at McDiarmid Park on Sunday, and the home supporters will not accept a similarly sluggish start from the Bhoys on Wednesday night. Hibernian got away with handing Aberdeen a host of clear-cut chances last time out, but we feel that Montgomery's men will be punished for their defensive vulnerabilities at Celtic Park. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Celtic win with a probability of 79.6%. A draw had a probability of 12.8% and a win for Hibernian had a probability of 7.61%.

The most likely scoreline for a Celtic win was 2-0 with a probability of 10.46%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 3-0 (10%) and 2-1 (8.4%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (5.86%), while for a Hibernian win it was 1-2 (2.35%). The actual scoreline of 4-1 was predicted with a 5.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Celtic would win this match.

Result
CelticDrawHibernian
79.6% (-0.217 -0.22) 12.78% (0.118 0.12) 7.61% (0.102 0.1)
Both teams to score 52.07% (0.046999999999997 0.05)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
70.97% (-0.202 -0.2)29.03% (0.204 0.2)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
49.99% (-0.249 -0.25)50.01% (0.251 0.25)
Celtic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
94.32% (-0.078000000000003 -0.08)5.68% (0.079999999999999 0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
78.03% (-0.226 -0.23)21.97% (0.228 0.23)
Hibernian Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
55.2% (0.099000000000004 0.1)44.79% (-0.096000000000004 -0.1)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
19.23% (0.076000000000001 0.08)80.77% (-0.072999999999993 -0.07)
Score Analysis
    Celtic 79.59%
    Hibernian 7.61%
    Draw 12.78%
CelticDrawHibernian
2-0 @ 10.46% (0.020000000000001 0.02)
3-0 @ 10% (-0.029999999999999 -0.03)
2-1 @ 8.4% (0.039999999999999 0.04)
3-1 @ 8.04%
1-0 @ 7.3% (0.051 0.05)
4-0 @ 7.18% (-0.055000000000001 -0.06)
4-1 @ 5.76% (-0.028 -0.03)
5-0 @ 4.12% (-0.052 -0.05)
5-1 @ 3.31% (-0.033 -0.03)
3-2 @ 3.23% (0.0089999999999999 0.01)
4-2 @ 2.31% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
6-0 @ 1.97% (-0.034 -0.03)
6-1 @ 1.58% (-0.023 -0.02)
5-2 @ 1.33% (-0.0089999999999999 -0.01)
Other @ 4.62%
Total : 79.59%
1-1 @ 5.86% (0.057 0.06)
2-2 @ 3.38% (0.025 0.02)
0-0 @ 2.54% (0.03 0.03)
Other @ 1%
Total : 12.78%
1-2 @ 2.35% (0.029 0.03)
0-1 @ 2.04% (0.03 0.03)
2-3 @ 0.9% (0.009 0.01)
Other @ 2.32%
Total : 7.61%

How you voted: Celtic vs Hibernian

Celtic
84.6%
Draw
15.4%
Hibernian
0.0%
26
Head to Head
Oct 28, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 10
Hibernian
0-0
Celtic
Scales (49'), Taylor (61')
May 24, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 37
Hibernian
4-2
Celtic
Youan (52', 80'), Nisbet (75' pen.), Bernabei (86' og.)
Nisbet (45+3'), Doyle-Hayes (70')
Hatate (41' pen.), Oh (58')
Maeda (44'), Ralston (74')
Maeda (67')
Mar 18, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 29
Celtic
3-1
Hibernian
Jota (52' pen.), Oh (81'), Haksabanovic (90+5')
Campbell (39' pen.)
Dec 28, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 19
Hibernian
0-4
Celtic
Mooy (28', 58'), Maeda (36'), Furuhashi (64')
Oct 15, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 11
Celtic
6-1
Hibernian
Forrest (9', 24', 58'), Giakoumakis (18', 73'), Maeda (89')
Youan (56')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1RangersRangers26211456134364
2Celtic26195258184062
3Hearts26163735221351
4Kilmarnock2691072927237
5St Mirren26105112930-135
6Dundee258893539-432
7Aberdeen2569103141-1027
8Hibernian2569103141-1027
9Motherwell26511103541-626
10St Johnstone2659121735-1824
11Ross County2547142043-2319
12Livingston2637161642-2616

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!