MX23RW : Wednesday, May 29 15:30:50| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Burnley logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Liverpool logo
Luton Town
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Sheffield United logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
Brentford logo
Premier League | Gameweek 33
Apr 13, 2024 at 3pm UK
Brentford Community Stadium
Sheffield United logo

Brentford
2 - 0
Sheff Utd

Arblaster (63' og.), Onyeka (90+3')
Maupay (7'), Janelt (41'), Roerslev (88')
FT(HT: 0-0)

The Match

Match Report

Brentford score twice in the second half to beat Sheffield United 2-0, pushing the Blades closer to relegation while boosting their own survival hopes in the process.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Premier League clash between Brentford and Sheffield United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Aston Villa 3-3 Brentford
Saturday, April 6 at 3pm in Premier League
Last Game: Sheff Utd 2-2 Chelsea
Sunday, April 7 at 5.30pm in Premier League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Brentford win with a probability of 58.21%. A draw had a probability of 21.8% and a win for Sheffield United had a probability of 19.99%.

The most likely scoreline for a Brentford win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.94%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (9.75%) and 2-0 (9.48%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.22%), while for a Sheffield United win it was 1-2 (5.36%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 9.5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Brentford would win this match.

Result
BrentfordDrawSheffield United
58.21% (-0.016999999999996 -0.02) 21.79% (0.0070000000000014 0.01) 19.99%
Both teams to score 55.64% (-0.036999999999999 -0.04)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
57.5% (-0.050999999999995 -0.05)42.5% (0.040999999999997 0.04)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
35.09% (-0.051000000000002 -0.05)64.9% (0.042000000000002 0.04)
Brentford Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
85.68% (-0.027000000000001 -0.03)14.32% (0.018000000000001 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
57.85% (-0.045000000000002 -0.05)42.14% (0.033999999999999 0.03)
Sheffield United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
64.94% (-0.028000000000006 -0.03)35.05% (0.017999999999994 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.2% (-0.029 -0.03)71.79% (0.019999999999996 0.02)
Score Analysis
    Brentford 58.21%
    Sheffield United 19.99%
    Draw 21.79%
BrentfordDrawSheffield United
2-1 @ 9.94%
1-0 @ 9.75% (0.011999999999999 0.01)
2-0 @ 9.48% (0.004999999999999 0)
3-1 @ 6.44% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
3-0 @ 6.14%
3-2 @ 3.38% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
4-1 @ 3.13% (-0.004 -0)
4-0 @ 2.98% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
4-2 @ 1.64% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
5-1 @ 1.22% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
5-0 @ 1.16% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 2.95%
Total : 58.21%
1-1 @ 10.22% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-2 @ 5.21% (-0.0040000000000004 -0)
0-0 @ 5.02% (0.0089999999999995 0.01)
3-3 @ 1.18% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
Other @ 0.16%
Total : 21.79%
1-2 @ 5.36%
0-1 @ 5.26% (0.0070000000000006 0.01)
0-2 @ 2.76% (0.0020000000000002 0)
1-3 @ 1.87% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
2-3 @ 1.82% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
0-3 @ 0.96%
Other @ 1.96%
Total : 19.99%

How you voted: Brentford vs Sheff Utd

Brentford
67.8%
Draw
19.0%
Sheffield United
13.2%
121
Head to Head
Dec 9, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 16
Sheff Utd
1-0
Brentford
McAtee (45+1')
Trusty (17'), Osula (51'), Bogle (82'), Robinson (90+1'), Foderingham (90+2')

Onyeka (29')
Mar 12, 2019 7.45pm
Gameweek 37
Sheff Utd
2-0
Brentford
Norwood (26' pen.), McGoldrick (84')
Basham (20')
Madine (35')
Nov 27, 2018 7.45pm
Gameweek 19
Brentford
2-3
Sheff Utd
Maupay (6'), Fleck (65' og.)
McEachran (69')
Konsa (10' og.), Norwood (15'), Clarke (72')
Basham (17')
Mar 30, 2018 3pm
Brentford
1-1
Sheff Utd
Mepham (68')
Woods (69')
Basham (55')
Basham (50'), Stevens (60')
Blackman (69')
Aug 5, 2017 3pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CManchester CityMan City38287396346291
2Arsenal38285591296289
3Liverpool382410486414582
4Aston Villa382081076611568
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs382061274611366
6Chelsea381891177631463
7Newcastle UnitedNewcastle381861485622360
8Manchester UnitedMan Utd38186145758-160
9West Ham UnitedWest Ham381410146074-1452
10Crystal Palace381310155758-149
11Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton381212145562-748
12Bournemouth38139165467-1348
13Fulham38138175561-647
14Wolverhampton WanderersWolves38137185065-1546
15Everton38139164051-1140
16Brentford38109195665-939
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3899204967-1832
RLuton TownLuton3868245285-3326
RBurnley3859244178-3724
RSheffield UnitedSheff Utd38372835104-6916


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!