MX23RW : Sunday, April 21 04:50:02| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Burnley logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Liverpool logo
Luton Town
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Sheffield United logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
Wolves logo
Premier League | Gameweek 26
Feb 25, 2024 at 1.30pm UK
Molineux Stadium
Sheffield United logo

Wolves
1 - 0
Sheff Utd

Sarabia (30')
Semedo (72'), Gomes (90+6')
FT(HT: 1-0)

The Match

Match Report

Pablo Sarabia's first-half header guides Wolverhampton Wanderers to a narrow 1-0 win over relegation-threatened Sheffield United in the Premier League.

Team News

Sheffield United make four changes for Sunday's Premier League game against Wolverhampton Wanderer at Molineux.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Premier League clash between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Sheffield United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Wolverhampton Wanderers win with a probability of 50.71%. A win for Sheffield United had a probability of 25.18% and a draw had a probability of 24.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Wolverhampton Wanderers win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.2%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.63%) and 2-0 (8.62%). The likeliest Sheffield United win was 0-1 (6.75%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.4%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 10.2% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 1-0 win for Wolverhampton Wanderers in this match and our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted the win for Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Result
Wolverhampton WanderersDrawSheffield United
50.71% (-0.282 -0.28) 24.1% (0.046000000000003 0.05) 25.18% (0.235 0.23)
Both teams to score 54.85% (0.082999999999998 0.08)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
53.2% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)46.8% (0.0019999999999953 0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
30.94% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)69.06% (0.0010000000000048 0)
Wolverhampton Wanderers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.52% (-0.11 -0.11)18.48% (0.109 0.11)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
50.32% (-0.188 -0.19)49.68% (0.187 0.19)
Sheffield United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.29% (0.19200000000001 0.19)32.71% (-0.194 -0.19)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
30.74% (0.215 0.22)69.26% (-0.21599999999999 -0.22)
Score Analysis
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 50.71%
    Sheffield United 25.18%
    Draw 24.1%
Wolverhampton WanderersDrawSheffield United
1-0 @ 10.2% (-0.040000000000001 -0.04)
2-1 @ 9.63% (-0.017000000000001 -0.02)
2-0 @ 8.62% (-0.059999999999999 -0.06)
3-1 @ 5.42% (-0.028 -0.03)
3-0 @ 4.85% (-0.051 -0.05)
3-2 @ 3.03%
4-1 @ 2.29% (-0.02 -0.02)
4-0 @ 2.05% (-0.029 -0.03)
4-2 @ 1.28% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
Other @ 3.35%
Total : 50.71%
1-1 @ 11.4% (0.02 0.02)
0-0 @ 6.04%
2-2 @ 5.38% (0.019 0.02)
3-3 @ 1.13% (0.0059999999999998 0.01)
Other @ 0.14%
Total : 24.1%
0-1 @ 6.75% (0.036 0.04)
1-2 @ 6.37% (0.046 0.05)
0-2 @ 3.77% (0.04 0.04)
1-3 @ 2.37% (0.03 0.03)
2-3 @ 2% (0.018 0.02)
0-3 @ 1.41% (0.022 0.02)
Other @ 2.5%
Total : 25.18%

How you voted: Wolves vs Sheff Utd

Wolverhampton Wanderers
88.2%
Draw
8.1%
Sheffield United
3.7%
161
Head to Head
Nov 4, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 11
Sheff Utd
2-1
Wolves
Archer (72'), Norwood (90+10' pen.)
Baldock (22'), Hamer (89'), Heckingbottom (90')
Bellegarde (89')
Dawson (49'), Doyle (58'), Silva (81')
Jan 9, 2022 2pm
Third Round
Wolves
3-0
Sheff Utd
Podence (14', 80'), Semedo (72')

Basham (61'), Freeman (84')
Apr 17, 2021 8.15pm
Gameweek 32
Wolves
1-0
Sheff Utd
Jose (59')
Podence (71')

Brewster (36'), Stevens (82')
Sep 14, 2020 6pm
Gameweek 1
Sheff Utd
0-2
Wolves

Egan (33'), McBurnie (39')
Jimenez (3'), Saiss (6')
Marcal (90+1')
Jul 8, 2020 6pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Arsenal33235577265174
2Manchester CityMan City32227376324473
3Liverpool32218372314171
4Aston Villa33196868491963
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs32186865491660
6Newcastle UnitedNewcastle321551269521750
7Manchester UnitedMan Utd32155124748-150
8West Ham UnitedWest Ham33139115258-648
9Chelsea31138106152947
10Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton321111105250244
11Wolverhampton WanderersWolves33127144653-743
12Fulham33126154951-242
13Bournemouth32119124757-1042
14Brentford3498175259-735
15Crystal Palace3289153754-1733
16Everton3298153248-1627
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3379174258-1626
18Luton TownLuton3467214775-2825
19Burnley3458213769-3223
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd3337233188-5716


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!