MX23RW : Saturday, June 22 13:58:23| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Charlotte FC
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
St Louis City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
Real Salt Lake
Major League Soccer
May 19, 2024 at 2.30am UK
Rio Tinto Stadium
Colorado Rapids

Salt Lake
5 - 3
Colorado

Arango (23', 85'), Gomez (40', 88'), Julio (90+6')
Crooks (51'), Vera (65'), Eneli (79'), Gomez (90')
FT(HT: 2-2)
Bassett (5'), Navarro (19'), Mihailovic (56')
Steffen (32'), Yapi (90+9')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Major League Soccer clash between Real Salt Lake and Colorado Rapids, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Salt Lake 2-0 Seattle
Thursday, May 16 at 2.30am in Major League Soccer
Last Game: Colorado 1-0 Vancouver
Thursday, May 16 at 2.30am in Major League Soccer

We said: Real Salt Lake 2-1 Colorado Rapids

The Rapids may have been the triumphant side in the matchup between these two earlier this season but Salt Lake have since gone on to prove themselves as the top-performing side in the Western Conference, leading us to believe they will win this one. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Real Salt Lake win with a probability of 62.34%. A draw had a probability of 19.7% and a win for Colorado Rapids had a probability of 17.95%.

The most likely scoreline for a Real Salt Lake win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.82%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (8.94%) and 1-0 (8.13%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.93%), while for a Colorado Rapids win it was 1-2 (4.91%). The actual scoreline of 5-3 was predicted with a 0.4% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Real Salt Lake would win this match.

Result
Real Salt LakeDrawColorado Rapids
62.34% (-0.0040000000000049 -0) 19.71% (0.013999999999999 0.01) 17.95% (-0.016999999999999 -0.02)
Both teams to score 59.26% (-0.096999999999994 -0.1)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
64% (-0.112 -0.11)36% (0.105 0.11)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
41.9% (-0.123 -0.12)58.09% (0.117 0.12)
Real Salt Lake Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
88.9% (-0.036000000000001 -0.04)11.09% (0.029999999999999 0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
64.51% (-0.073999999999998 -0.07)35.48% (0.067 0.07)
Colorado Rapids Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
66.65% (-0.085999999999999 -0.09)33.34% (0.081000000000003 0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
30.03% (-0.091000000000001 -0.09)69.96% (0.085999999999999 0.09)
Score Analysis
    Real Salt Lake 62.34%
    Colorado Rapids 17.95%
    Draw 19.71%
Real Salt LakeDrawColorado Rapids
2-1 @ 9.82% (0.004999999999999 0)
2-0 @ 8.94% (0.024000000000001 0.02)
1-0 @ 8.13% (0.032 0.03)
3-1 @ 7.2% (-0.0059999999999993 -0.01)
3-0 @ 6.55% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
4-1 @ 3.96% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
3-2 @ 3.95% (-0.012 -0.01)
4-0 @ 3.6%
4-2 @ 2.17% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
5-1 @ 1.74% (-0.006 -0.01)
5-0 @ 1.58% (-0.002 -0)
5-2 @ 0.96% (-0.005 -0.01)
Other @ 3.72%
Total : 62.34%
1-1 @ 8.93% (0.016 0.02)
2-2 @ 5.39% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-0 @ 3.7% (0.019 0.02)
3-3 @ 1.45% (-0.008 -0.01)
Other @ 0.24%
Total : 19.71%
1-2 @ 4.91% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
0-1 @ 4.06% (0.012 0.01)
0-2 @ 2.23% (0.0019999999999998 0)
2-3 @ 1.98% (-0.0069999999999999 -0.01)
1-3 @ 1.8% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
Other @ 2.98%
Total : 17.95%

How you voted: Salt Lake vs Colorado

Real Salt Lake
87.5%
Draw
12.5%
Colorado Rapids
0.0%
8
Head to Head
Mar 10, 2024 2.30am
Salt Lake
1-2
Colorado
Eneli (22')
Davis (40'), Vera (87'), Luna (90+5')
Navarro (43' pen.), Bassett (70')
Loffelsend (58')
Oct 22, 2023 2am
Sep 3, 2023 2.30am
Salt Lake
2-0
Colorado
Vera (19'), Arango (49')
Palacio (24'), Vera (62')

Ronan (16'), Maxso (42'), Abubakar (72')
May 25, 2023
3am
May 21, 2023 2.30am
Colorado
2-3
Salt Lake
Wilson (33'), Abubakar (73')
Acosta (28'), Nicholson (45+2'), Cabral (76'), Cabral (77')
Ruiz (12'), Musovski (21'), Kreilach (44')
Oviedo (32'), Musovski (35'), Davis (57'), Vera (73')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Ukraine Ukraine21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Belgium Belgium10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Turkey Turkey11003
2 Portugal Portugal11003
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic10010
4 Georgia Georgia10010


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!