Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says that he will not buy players in the January transfer window for the "sake of it".
By Danielle Joynson, Staff Reporter Filed: Friday, December 13, 2013 at 11:00 UK
Last Updated: Friday, December 13, 2013 at 16:31 UK
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has admitted that the club will delve into the January transfer window, but only if the right players are available.
The Merseyside outfit are expected to be without striker Daniel Sturridge and midfielder Steven Gerrard for some time, prompting reports that the club will be keen to strengthen their squad.
With Iago Aspas failing to make an impact since his arrival at Anfield in the summer, Luis Suarez has taken on the task of finding the back of the net for Liverpool due to Sturridge's absence.
"January is a hard window anyway and we were very successful in it last year with [the arrival of Philippe] Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge, but we'll see," Rodgers told Sky Sports News. "We'll see what's out there, but we won't buy for the sake of it."
The Reds are currently second in the Premier League table.