MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 12:02:49| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Wigan logo
League One | Gameweek 21
Dec 9, 2023 at 3pm UK
The DW Stadium
Lincoln City
Wigan
0 - 0
Lincoln

Clare (74'), Sessegnon (80'), McManaman (85'), Morrison (90+3')
FT

Mandroiu (43'), Hamilton (58'), O'Connor (66'), Duffy (90+7')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Wigan Athletic and Lincoln City, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Wigan 2-0 Stockport
Wednesday, December 6 at 7pm in EFL Trophy
Last Game: Cambridge 0-3 Lincoln
Tuesday, November 28 at 7.45pm in League One

We said: Wigan Athletic 2-1 Lincoln City

Although Wigan have lost their last two home meetings with Lincoln, we think that they will collect all three points on this occasion, especially after winning four of their last five home league games. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Wigan Athletic win with a probability of 43.2%. A win for Lincoln City had a probability of 30.1% and a draw had a probability of 26.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a Wigan Athletic win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.39%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.79%) and 2-0 (7.91%). The likeliest Lincoln City win was 0-1 (9.14%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.67%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with an 8.2% likelihood.

Result
Wigan AthleticDrawLincoln City
43.2% (0.0090000000000003 0.01) 26.7% (-0.0010000000000012 -0) 30.1% (-0.0070000000000014 -0.01)
Both teams to score 50.34% (0.0010000000000048 0)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
45.59% (0.0019999999999953 0)54.41% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
24.22% (0.0019999999999989 0)75.78%
Wigan Athletic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.02% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)24.98% (-0.0040000000000013 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
40.38% (0.0080000000000027 0.01)59.62% (-0.0049999999999955 -0)
Lincoln City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.1% (-0.0020000000000095 -0)32.9% (0.0039999999999978 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
30.53% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)69.47% (0.0040000000000049 0)
Score Analysis
    Wigan Athletic 43.19%
    Lincoln City 30.11%
    Draw 26.7%
Wigan AthleticDrawLincoln City
1-0 @ 11.39%
2-1 @ 8.79% (0.00099999999999945 0)
2-0 @ 7.91% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-1 @ 4.07% (0.0010000000000003 0)
3-0 @ 3.66% (0.0010000000000003 0)
3-2 @ 2.26%
4-1 @ 1.41% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-0 @ 1.27% (0.0010000000000001 0)
Other @ 2.44%
Total : 43.19%
1-1 @ 12.67%
0-0 @ 8.22% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
2-2 @ 4.89%
Other @ 0.92%
Total : 26.7%
0-1 @ 9.14% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
1-2 @ 7.04% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
0-2 @ 5.08% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
1-3 @ 2.61% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
0-3 @ 1.88%
2-3 @ 1.81%
Other @ 2.55%
Total : 30.11%

Head to Head
Apr 9, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 42
Lincoln
1-3
Wigan
Scully (14')
Cullen (38')
Lang (8', 72'), Keane (21')
Naylor (12'), Watts (54'), Kerr (56'), Darikwa (82')
Oct 26, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 12
Wigan
1-2
Lincoln
Massey (90+5')
Darikwa (18'), Watts (25'), Lang (30')
Nlundulu (14'), Eyoma (57')
Robson (30'), McGrandles (90+3')
Feb 20, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 30
Wigan
1-2
Lincoln
Lang (33')
Aasgaard (49'), Proctor (54'), Wootton (70'), Massey (90+1')
Scully (34'), Hopper (74')
Jackson (70'), Palmer (89'), Johnson (90+5')
Dec 1, 2020 7pm
Gameweek 15
Lincoln
2-1
Wigan
Grant (69'), Hopper (83')
Grant (75')
Naismith (52')
Jones (59')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Portsmouth352110458302873
2Derby CountyDerby34206859312866
3Bolton WanderersBolton33206760372366
4Barnsley33189660372363
5Peterborough UnitedPeterborough33178861412059
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd351691057441357
7Stevenage33168947341356
8Blackpool341581154401453
9Leyton Orient34149114242051
10Lincoln CityLincoln341212103732548
11Northampton TownNorthampton34146144750-348
12Bristol Rovers34137144749-246
13Wigan AthleticWigan34147134843541
14Exeter CityExeter35117172648-2240
15Wycombe WanderersWycombe33911134144-338
16Reading35119154652-638
17Cambridge UnitedCambridge33108153141-1038
18Burton Albion33108152943-1438
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury34115182646-2038
20Charlton AthleticCharlton34713144752-534
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham3296172843-1533
22Port Vale3287173252-2031
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood3469193456-2227
24Carlisle UnitedCarlisle3348212757-3020

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!