MX23RW : Thursday, May 30 18:24:11| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Shrewsbury Town
League One | Gameweek 44
Apr 13, 2024 at 3pm UK
Montgomery Waters Meadow
Wycombe Wanderers

Shrewsbury
0 - 2
Wycombe


Winchester (70')
Flanagan (67')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Leahy (83'), Kone (90+1')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Shrewsbury Town and Wycombe Wanderers, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Portsmouth 3-1 Shrewsbury
Saturday, April 6 at 3pm in League One
Last Game: Wycombe 0-0 Derby
Wednesday, April 10 at 7.45pm in League One

We said: Shrewsbury Town 2-0 Wycombe Wanderers

The Shrews have been far more consistent at home, and we believe they will be able to take advantage of a Wycombe side who are likely to be more fatigued, having already played this week and perhaps still mentally drained from losing the EFL Trophy in such dramatic fashion. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Wycombe Wanderers win with a probability of 36.86%. A win for Shrewsbury Town had a probability of 36.14% and a draw had a probability of 27%.

The most likely scoreline for a Wycombe Wanderers win was 0-1 with a probability of 10.3%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.07%) and 0-2 (6.49%). The likeliest Shrewsbury Town win was 1-0 (10.18%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.81%). The actual scoreline of 0-2 was predicted with a 6.5% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Wycombe Wanderers would win this match.

Result
Shrewsbury TownDrawWycombe Wanderers
36.14% (-0.030999999999999 -0.03) 26.99% (-0.004999999999999 -0) 36.86% (0.036999999999999 0.04)
Both teams to score 50.95% (0.018000000000001 0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
45.67% (0.023000000000003 0.02)54.32% (-0.021000000000001 -0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
24.29% (0.018999999999998 0.02)75.71% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)
Shrewsbury Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.16% (-0.007000000000005 -0.01)28.83% (0.0079999999999991 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.3% (-0.0079999999999956 -0.01)64.69% (0.0089999999999861 0.01)
Wycombe Wanderers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.59% (0.034000000000006 0.03)28.4% (-0.032 -0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.84% (0.041000000000004 0.04)64.15% (-0.039999999999992 -0.04)
Score Analysis
    Shrewsbury Town 36.14%
    Wycombe Wanderers 36.86%
    Draw 26.98%
Shrewsbury TownDrawWycombe Wanderers
1-0 @ 10.18% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
2-1 @ 7.97% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
2-0 @ 6.33% (-0.008 -0.01)
3-1 @ 3.31% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
3-0 @ 2.63% (-0.004 -0)
3-2 @ 2.08% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-1 @ 1.03% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
Other @ 2.62%
Total : 36.14%
1-1 @ 12.81% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-0 @ 8.19% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
2-2 @ 5.02% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Other @ 0.96%
Total : 26.98%
0-1 @ 10.3%
1-2 @ 8.07% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
0-2 @ 6.49% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
1-3 @ 3.39% (0.0049999999999999 0)
0-3 @ 2.72% (0.0049999999999999 0)
2-3 @ 2.11% (0.0030000000000001 0)
1-4 @ 1.07% (0.002 0)
Other @ 2.72%
Total : 36.86%

Head to Head
Dec 9, 2023 3pm
Feb 25, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 34
Shrewsbury
2-0
Wycombe
Willis (31' og.), Pyke (86')
Aug 13, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 3
Wycombe
1-2
Shrewsbury
McCleary (51')
Horgan (28'), Forino-Joseph (48'), Mehmeti (82')
Pennington (60'), Leahy (89' pen.)
Feb 8, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 32
Wycombe
0-0
Shrewsbury
Jacobson (87')
Bennett (34'), Marosi (53'), Pennington (69')
Sep 28, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 10
Shrewsbury
1-2
Wycombe
Pennington (78')
Whalley (36'), Ebanks-Landell (60'), Leahy (64')
Jacobson (52'), Tafazolli (66')
Kaikai (15'), Grimmer (69'), Stewart (85'), Stockdale (90')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPortsmouth462813578413797
3Bolton WanderersBolton462512986513587
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough462591289612884
5Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4622111379562377
6Barnsley4621131282641876
7Lincoln CityLincoln4620141265402574
8Blackpool4621101565481773
9Stevenage4619141357461171
10Wycombe WanderersWycombe461714156055565
11Leyton Orient461811175355-265
12Wigan AthleticWigan462010166356762
13Exeter CityExeter461710194661-1561
14Northampton TownNorthampton46179205766-960
15Bristol Rovers46169215268-1657
16Charlton AthleticCharlton461120156465-153
17Reading461611196870-253
18Cambridge UnitedCambridge461212223961-2248
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury46139243567-3248
20Burton Albion461210243967-2846
RCheltenham TownCheltenham46128264165-2444
RFleetwood TownFleetwood461013234972-2343
RPort Vale461011254174-3341
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4679304181-4030


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!