MX23RW : Friday, March 1 17:15:46| >> :120:58035:58035:
Peterborough United
FA Cup | Second Round
Dec 2, 2023 at 3pm UK
Weston Homes Stadium
Doncaster Rovers
Peterborough
2 - 1
Doncaster
Burrows (3'), Mason-Clark (53')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Faal (75')
Anderson (33'), Olowu (42'), Maxwell (59')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's FA Cup clash between Peterborough United and Doncaster Rovers, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Doncaster 3-1 Colchester
Tuesday, November 28 at 7.45pm in League Two

We said: Peterborough United 3-1 Doncaster Rovers

Doncaster Rovers do have the quality to challenge their higher opposition away from home, but in what we see as an intriguing contest, the Posh should have too much, particularly in attack, and we fancy them to come out on top and advance to the third round. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Peterborough United win with a probability of 63.15%. A draw had a probability of 19.1% and a win for Doncaster Rovers had a probability of 17.76%.

The most likely scoreline for a Peterborough United win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.67%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (8.46%) and 3-1 (7.4%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.43%), while for a Doncaster Rovers win it was 1-2 (4.82%). The actual scoreline of 2-1 was predicted with a 9.7% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 2-1 win for Peterborough United in this match and our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted the win for Peterborough United.

Result
Peterborough UnitedDrawDoncaster Rovers
63.15% (-0.052 -0.05) 19.09% (0.0060000000000002 0.01) 17.76% (0.047999999999998 0.05)
Both teams to score 61.26% (0.082000000000001 0.08)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
66.74% (0.060000000000002 0.06)33.25% (-0.059000000000005 -0.06)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
44.98% (0.068999999999996 0.07)55.02% (-0.067999999999998 -0.07)
Peterborough United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
89.91% (0.0049999999999955 0)10.09% (-0.0050000000000008 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
66.77% (0.010000000000005 0.01)33.23% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
Doncaster Rovers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.14% (0.087999999999994 0.09)31.86% (-0.087 -0.09)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.7% (0.098000000000003 0.1)68.3% (-0.096000000000004 -0.1)
Score Analysis
    Peterborough United 63.15%
    Doncaster Rovers 17.76%
    Draw 19.09%
Peterborough UnitedDrawDoncaster Rovers
2-1 @ 9.67% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
2-0 @ 8.46% (-0.023999999999999 -0.02)
3-1 @ 7.4% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
1-0 @ 7.37% (-0.022 -0.02)
3-0 @ 6.46% (-0.016999999999999 -0.02)
4-1 @ 4.24%
3-2 @ 4.23% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
4-0 @ 3.71% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
4-2 @ 2.43% (0.0049999999999999 0)
5-1 @ 1.95%
5-0 @ 1.7% (-0.004 -0)
5-2 @ 1.11% (0.0029999999999999 0)
4-3 @ 0.93% (0.005 0.01)
Other @ 3.5%
Total : 63.15%
1-1 @ 8.43% (-0.0050000000000008 -0.01)
2-2 @ 5.53% (0.011 0.01)
0-0 @ 3.21% (-0.01 -0.01)
3-3 @ 1.61% (0.008 0.01)
Other @ 0.29%
Total : 19.09%
1-2 @ 4.82% (0.0089999999999995 0.01)
0-1 @ 3.68% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
2-3 @ 2.11% (0.0089999999999999 0.01)
0-2 @ 2.1% (0.004 0)
1-3 @ 1.84% (0.008 0.01)
Other @ 3.21%
Total : 17.76%

How you voted: Peterborough vs Doncaster

Peterborough United
57.1%
Draw
14.3%
Doncaster Rovers
28.6%
7
Head to Head
May 9, 2021 12pm
Gameweek 46
Doncaster
1-4
Peterborough
John-Jules (90+1')
Eisa (6'), Mason (8'), Kanu (16'), Jade-Jones (39')
Hamilton (50')
Apr 27, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 22
Peterborough
2-2
Doncaster
Ward (10'), Szmodics (23')
Butler (47'), Reed (49'), Kent (90')
Okenabirhie (38'), Richards (59')
Butler (44'), Smith (45+1'), Lokilo (48')
Dec 26, 2019 3pm
Gameweek 23
Peterborough
0-3
Doncaster

Toney (43'), Woodyard (44')
Sadlier (17', 61'), Whiteman (82')
Whiteman (44'), Wright (71'), James (75'), Dieng (76'), John (93')
Sep 21, 2019 3pm
Gameweek 10
Doncaster
2-0
Peterborough
Coppinger (30'), Sadlier (39')
Ennis (41'), Gomes (93')
Feb 9, 2019 3pm
Gameweek 32
Doncaster
3-1
Peterborough
Blair (62'), Marquis (65'), Sadlier (74')
Wilks (45'), Downing (60')
Cooper (6')
Denton (35'), Toney (45'), Naismith (84')
Denton (45')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Liverpool26186263253860
2Manchester CityMan City26185359263359
3Arsenal26184462233958
4Aston Villa26164656352152
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs25145652381447
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd26142103636044
7Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton2610974941839
8West Ham UnitedWest Ham2611694046-639
9Wolverhampton WanderersWolves26115104040038
10Newcastle UnitedNewcastle26114115445937
11Chelsea25105104241135
12Fulham2695123642-632
13Crystal Palace2677123144-1328
14Bournemouth2577113347-1428
15Everton2687112834-625
16Brentford2674153748-1125
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest2666143448-1424
18Luton TownLuton2555153551-1620
19Burnley2634192558-3313
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd2634192266-4413

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!