The 41-year-old agreed to stay on as caretaker boss at The Valley last month while takeover talks continued, but a deal has still not been struck between Duchatelet and the Australian consortium led by Andrew Muir.
Charlton start their League One campaign away at Sunderland next Saturday, and Bowyer expects to be handed the reins permanently if the situation is unchanged.
"When I met Roland in the summer he said nothing had changed and that I was going to be caretaker until [the takeover] happens," Bowyer told the Evening Standard. "But if nothing has happened before August then we will sit down again and make something more permanent.
"I would like to think I will get it permanently. That should be the way. I have been fair, I have done what has been asked of me, I have given 100% and the rewards have been there. So, yes, I think I should be in charge when the season starts. Then all the players know you are the main person. Roland and I have got on well since I have been in charge and throughout this."
Another British consortium is also believed to be interested in a takeover of Charlton, but the Australians are reportedly at a more advanced stage.