MX23RW : Sunday, March 3 19:23:51| >> :120:4274:4274:
Young Boys
Champions League | Group Stage
Nov 28, 2023 at 8pm UK
STADE DE SUISSE Wankdorf Bern
Red Star Belgrade
Young Boys
2 - 0
Red Star
Nedeljkovic (8' og.), Blum (29')
FT(HT: 2-0)
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Champions League clash between Young Boys and Red Star Belgrade, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: FC Zurich 3-1 Young Boys
Saturday, November 25 at 5pm in Swiss Super League
Last Game: Red Star 1-2 RB Leipzig
Tuesday, November 7 at 8pm in Champions League
TeamGoals scoredAvg per gameTop scorer
1Young Boys322.29Nsame
2FC Zurich291.93Okita
3Winterthur281.87Ltaief
4St Gallen281.87Akolo
5Lugano261.86Celar
6Servette261.73Bedia
7Lausanne241.60Sene
8Luzern231.53Chader
9Grasshopper201.33Ndenge
10Yverdon Sport201.33Tasar
11Basel181.29Frei
12SLO161.14Ajdini

We said: Young Boys 1-1 Red Star Belgrade

There is not a huge difference when it comes to the quality of these two teams, and we are expecting Tuesday's clash to be a tight affair. A draw would take third position in the section to the final matchday, and both teams might be forced to settle for a share of the spoils in this contest. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Red Star Belgrade win with a probability of 48.81%. A win for Young Boys had a probability of 30.88% and a draw had a probability of 20.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Red Star Belgrade win was 1-2 with a probability of 8.14%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-3 (6.02%) and 2-3 (5.26%). The likeliest Young Boys win was 2-1 (6.43%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (7.35%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 2.9% likelihood.

Result
Young BoysDrawRed Star Belgrade
30.88% (0.053999999999998 0.05) 20.31% (0.004999999999999 0) 48.81% (-0.058999999999997 -0.06)
Both teams to score 73.62% (0.022999999999996 0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
75.7% (0.016000000000005 0.02)24.3% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
56% (0.018000000000001 0.02)44% (-0.020000000000003 -0.02)
Young Boys Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.63% (0.034000000000006 0.03)17.37% (-0.035 -0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
52.22% (0.060000000000002 0.06)47.78% (-0.061 -0.06)
Red Star Belgrade Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
89.1% (-0.010000000000005 -0.01)10.9% (0.010000000000002 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
64.95% (-0.022999999999996 -0.02)35.05% (0.024000000000001 0.02)
Score Analysis
    Young Boys 30.88%
    Red Star Belgrade 48.81%
    Draw 20.31%
Young BoysDrawRed Star Belgrade
2-1 @ 6.43% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
3-2 @ 4.16% (0.0059999999999993 0.01)
3-1 @ 3.75% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
1-0 @ 3.31%
2-0 @ 2.9% (0.004 0)
4-2 @ 1.82% (0.0049999999999999 0)
3-0 @ 1.69% (0.004 0)
4-1 @ 1.64% (0.0050000000000001 0.01)
4-3 @ 1.34% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Other @ 3.83%
Total : 30.88%
1-1 @ 7.35% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
2-2 @ 7.12% (0.0029999999999992 0)
3-3 @ 3.07% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-0 @ 1.89% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 0.87%
Total : 20.31%
1-2 @ 8.14% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
1-3 @ 6.02% (-0.0070000000000006 -0.01)
2-3 @ 5.26%
0-2 @ 4.65% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
0-1 @ 4.2% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
0-3 @ 3.44% (-0.008 -0.01)
1-4 @ 3.33% (-0.0059999999999998 -0.01)
2-4 @ 2.92% (-0.0020000000000002 -0)
0-4 @ 1.91% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
3-4 @ 1.7% (0.00099999999999989 0)
1-5 @ 1.48% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
2-5 @ 1.29% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 4.48%
Total : 48.81%

How you voted: Young Boys vs Red Star

Young Boys
58.4%
Draw
26.0%
Red Star Belgrade
15.6%
77
Head to Head
Oct 4, 2023 8pm
Group Stage
Red Star
2-2
Young Boys
Ndiaye (35'), Bukari (88')
Ndiaye (18'), Ivanic (45+5'), In-beom (58'), Bukari (65'), Mijailovic (73'), Dragovic (74')
Ugrinic (48'), Itten (61' pen.)
Males (64'), Camara (74'), Niasse (90+1')
Aug 27, 2019 8pm
Playoff Round
Red Star
1-1
Young Boys
Vukanovic (59')
Milunovic (18'), Degenek (21'), Gobeljic (32'), Tomane (79'), Jovancic (96')
Tomane (96')
Ben (82' og.)
Zesiger (36'), Hoarau (94'), von Ballmoos (98')
Aug 21, 2019 8pm
Playoff Round
Young Boys
2-2
Red Star
Assale (7'), Hoarau (76' pen.)
Nsame (37'), Aebischer (45'), Sierro (48')
Degenek (18'), Garcia (46')
Jander (59')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Liverpool27196264253963
2Manchester CityMan City27195362273562
3Arsenal26184462233958
4Aston Villa27174659372255
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs26155655391650
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd27142113739-244
7West Ham UnitedWest Ham2712694347-442
8Newcastle UnitedNewcastle271241157451240
9Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton2710984944539
10Wolverhampton WanderersWolves27115114043-338
11Chelsea26106104443136
12Fulham27105123942-335
13Bournemouth2687113547-1231
14Crystal Palace2777133247-1528
15Brentford2775153950-1126
16Everton2787122937-825
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest2766153449-1524
18Luton TownLuton2655163754-1720
19Burnley2734202560-3513
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd2634192266-4413

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!