MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 11:11:27| >> :300:86500:86500:
Augsburg logo
Leverkusen logo
Bayern logo
Dortmund logo
Borussia Monchengladbach logo
Eintracht Frankfurt logo
Koln logo
Freiburg logo
Heidenheim
Hoffenheim logo
Mainz logo
Leipzig logo
SV Darmstadt
Stuttgart
Union Berlin logo
VfL Bochum
Werder Bremen logo
Wolfsburg
Werder Bremen logo
Bundesliga | Gameweek 14
Dec 9, 2023 at 2.30pm UK
Weserstadion
Augsburg logo
Werder Bremen
2 - 0
Augsburg
Stark (39'), Ducksch (65')
Zetterer (78')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Demirovic (27'), Thorup (71'), Dorsch (80')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's Bundesliga clash between Werder Bremen and Augsburg, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Stuttgart 2-0 Werder Bremen
Saturday, December 2 at 5.30pm in Bundesliga
Last Game: Augsburg 2-1 Frankfurt
Sunday, December 3 at 6.30pm in Bundesliga

We said: Werder Bremen 1-1 Augsburg

Werder Bremen will be desperate to avoid another defeat, otherwise they will be left vulnerable to falling inside the bottom three positions after enduring a poor run of form. Augsburg, on the other hand, require a win to guarantee remaining in the top half of the table. Thorup's side have drawn 1-1 in their last two away trips, and we can envisage them sharing the spoils once again. This result would likely suit both teams, as it would stop the rot for the host while extending the visitors' unbeaten run. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Werder Bremen win with a probability of 39.34%. A win for Augsburg had a probability of 37.95% and a draw had a probability of 22.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a Werder Bremen win was 2-1 with a probability of 8.3%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (5.81%) and 2-0 (4.96%). The likeliest Augsburg win was 1-2 (8.13%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (9.72%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 5% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Werder Bremen would win this match.

Result
Werder BremenDrawAugsburg
39.34% (-0.34699999999999 -0.35) 22.71% (-0.503 -0.5) 37.95% (0.848 0.85)
Both teams to score 66.51% (2.035 2.04)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
65.65% (2.618 2.62)34.35% (-2.619 -2.62)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
43.74% (2.893 2.89)56.26% (-2.893 -2.89)
Werder Bremen Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.86% (0.964 0.96)18.14% (-0.966 -0.97)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
50.9% (1.621 1.62)49.1% (-1.622 -1.62)
Augsburg Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.24% (1.547 1.55)18.76% (-1.548 -1.55)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
49.85% (2.529 2.53)50.15% (-2.53 -2.53)
Score Analysis
    Werder Bremen 39.34%
    Augsburg 37.95%
    Draw 22.71%
Werder BremenDrawAugsburg
2-1 @ 8.3% (-0.175 -0.17)
1-0 @ 5.81% (-0.613 -0.61)
2-0 @ 4.96% (-0.357 -0.36)
3-1 @ 4.72% (0.046 0.05)
3-2 @ 3.95% (0.224 0.22)
3-0 @ 2.82% (-0.111 -0.11)
4-1 @ 2.02% (0.08 0.08)
4-2 @ 1.69% (0.144 0.14)
4-0 @ 1.2% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
4-3 @ 0.94% (0.121 0.12)
Other @ 2.94%
Total : 39.34%
1-1 @ 9.72% (-0.51 -0.51)
2-2 @ 6.94% (0.189 0.19)
0-0 @ 3.4% (-0.477 -0.48)
3-3 @ 2.2% (0.223 0.22)
Other @ 0.44%
Total : 22.71%
1-2 @ 8.13% (-0.026 -0.03)
0-1 @ 5.69% (-0.49 -0.49)
0-2 @ 4.77% (-0.165 -0.17)
1-3 @ 4.54% (0.201 0.2)
2-3 @ 3.87% (0.284 0.28)
0-3 @ 2.66% (0.038 0.04)
1-4 @ 1.9% (0.17 0.17)
2-4 @ 1.62% (0.19 0.19)
0-4 @ 1.11% (0.068 0.07)
3-4 @ 0.92% (0.133 0.13)
Other @ 2.73%
Total : 37.95%

How you voted: Werder Bremen vs Augsburg

Werder Bremen
61.1%
Draw
22.2%
Augsburg
16.7%
18
Head to Head
Mar 4, 2023 2.30pm
Gameweek 23
Augsburg
2-1
Werder Bremen
Beljo (5'), Maier (46')
Stage (16')
Sep 9, 2022 7.30pm
May 15, 2021 2.30pm
Gameweek 33
Augsburg
2-0
Werder Bremen
Khedira (57'), Caligiuri (90' pen.)
Gikiewicz (45+1'), Richter (65'), Hahn (90+2')
Vargas (13')

Gross (42'), Moisander (90+2')
Gross (49')
Jan 16, 2021 2.30pm
Feb 1, 2020 2.30pm
Gameweek 20
Augsburg
2-1
Werder Bremen
Niederlechner (67'), Vargas (82')
Baier (76'), Max (88')
Jedvaj (23' og.)
Eggestein (48'), Toprak (66'), Bartels (69'), Bittencourt (74'), Selke (90')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Bayer LeverkusenB. Leverkusen23194059164361
2Bayern MunichBayern23172463263753
3Stuttgart23152652292347
4Borussia DortmundDortmund22118344271741
5RB Leipzig23124749301940
6Eintracht FrankfurtFrankfurt228953428633
7Werder Bremen238693235-330
8Freiburg228592940-1129
9Heidenheim237793340-728
10Hoffenheim227693841-327
11Borussia MonchengladbachBorussia M'bach2367104145-425
12Union BerlinUnion Berlin2374122337-1425
13VfL BochumVfL Bochum2351082846-1825
14Wolfsburg2266102634-824
15Augsburg225893140-923
16FC Koln2338121637-2117
17Mainz 05Mainz2329121837-1915
18SV Darmstadt 98Darmstadt2327142452-2813

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!