Wigan Warriors ban five fans for incident at Huddersfield

Wigan Warriors ban five supporters for their actions in last month's Super League defeat at Huddersfield Giants.

Wigan Warriors have banned five fans from attending matches after an incident at Huddersfield last month.

One man has been banned for letting off a smoke canister while four others are punished for their involvement in violence after the 22-10 defeat to Huddersfield Giants on Saturday, February 16.

The five have been given a three-year ban with two years suspended, and Wigan marketing director Simon Collinson said that similar scenes would not be tolerated.

"We have an amazing group of supporters who we are still proud to call our loyal 18th man," said Collinson.

"The actions of a few will not be allowed to ruin the great support that 99.99% of our fans provide week in week out or tarnish the great reputation they hold throughout the sport.

"It is with great sadness that we have had to ban these people as it is the first time in my nine years at the club that we've been forced to take such action."

Wigan travel to Castleford later this afternoon. The match gets underway at 3.30pm.

Warrington Wolves player Ryan Atkins is tackled by Wigan Warriors player Matty Smith on February 8, 2013
Read Next:
Result: Scores even at DW Stadium
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole

Loading ...

Failed to load data.

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!
Login, I already have my ad-free pass
Log in with Facebook to customise Sports Mole
Buy ad-free access (show me the options)
Buy monthly ad-free access for £1.20/month
Buy yearly ad-free access for £12 (2 months free)
Settings - Logout - Manage your account
Settings - Logout - Manage your account
LIVE SCORES VIDEPRINTER
expand