MX23RW : Friday, March 5 03:51:21| >> :120:70242:70242:

Monaco wants spectators at 2021 race - Marko

Monaco wants spectators at 2021 race - Marko
© Reuters
The fate of Monaco's fabled grand prix this year is about more than just a press release.

The fate of Monaco's fabled grand prix this year is about more than just a press release.

That is the news from Red Bull's highly-influential Dr Helmut Marko, who was speaking with the German media after the Automobile Club de Monaco earlier this week scotched rumours the street race may once again be cancelled.

"I heard that they are currently working on a concept to allow the race to take place with half of the spectators," Marko said.

The Austrian said he has faith that new F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali can navigate the sport through a second consecutive covid-affected season.

"The new Liberty CEO Stefano Domenicali is doing an extremely good job," said Marko. "You can tell that he's a racer."

ID:431585:cQx:QQ:

Click here for more stories about Helmut Marko

Click here for more stories about Red Bull

Share this article now:
Did you know...?
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton celebrates winning the Bahrain Grand Prix on November 29, 2020
Read Next:
Hamilton contract talks now 'a game of chess'
>
Latest Sports Video

rhs 2.0
Todays Game Header Right

Subscribe to our Newsletter


Transfer Talk Daily
Match previews - twice weekly
Morning Briefing (7am UTC)
Ultra close-up image of Kevin De Bruyne [NOT FOR USE IN ARTICLES]Get the latest transfer news, match previews and news direct to your inbox!