MX23RW : Sunday, February 25 04:46:15| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
Rangers logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 15
Dec 3, 2023 at 3pm UK
Ibrox Stadium
St Mirren logo
Rangers
2 - 0
St Mirren
Sima (45', 70')
Goldson (72')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Fraser (26'), McMenamin (54'), Tanser (86')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Sunday's Scottish Premiership clash between Rangers and St Mirren, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Ross County 1-0 St Mirren
Tuesday, November 28 at 7.45pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: Rangers 2-0 St Mirren

These two teams are in completely contrasting form at the moment, and that is something that should lead to Rangers securing a comfortable victory. The lack of goals that St Mirren are scoring as of late combined with the impressive defensive structure of the Gers should produce a positive result for Clement. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Rangers win with a probability of 76.46%. A draw had a probability of 15% and a win for St Mirren had a probability of 8.53%.

The most likely scoreline for a Rangers win was 2-0 with a probability of 12.47%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 3-0 (10.45%) and 1-0 (9.93%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (7.13%), while for a St Mirren win it was 0-1 (2.84%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 12.5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted a 2-0 win for Rangers in this match.

Result
RangersDrawSt Mirren
76.46% (0.251 0.25) 15.02% (-0.057 -0.06) 8.53% (-0.192 -0.19)
Both teams to score 47.07% (-0.703 -0.7)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
62.66% (-0.432 -0.43)37.35% (0.433 0.43)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
40.44% (-0.468 -0.47)59.56% (0.469 0.47)
Rangers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
91.9% (-0.045999999999992 -0.05)8.1% (0.046000000000001 0.05)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
71.54% (-0.116 -0.12)28.46% (0.117 0.12)
St Mirren Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
51.22% (-0.74 -0.74)48.78% (0.74 0.74)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
16.21% (-0.536 -0.54)83.8% (0.53700000000001 0.54)
Score Analysis
    Rangers 76.44%
    St Mirren 8.53%
    Draw 15.02%
RangersDrawSt Mirren
2-0 @ 12.47% (0.2 0.2)
3-0 @ 10.45% (0.15 0.15)
1-0 @ 9.93% (0.185 0.18)
2-1 @ 8.96% (-0.041 -0.04)
3-1 @ 7.51% (-0.052 -0.05)
4-0 @ 6.57% (0.077999999999999 0.08)
4-1 @ 4.72% (-0.044 -0.04)
5-0 @ 3.3% (0.031 0.03)
3-2 @ 2.69% (-0.077 -0.08)
5-1 @ 2.37% (-0.027 -0.03)
4-2 @ 1.69% (-0.052 -0.05)
6-0 @ 1.38% (0.01 0.01)
6-1 @ 0.99% (-0.014 -0.01)
Other @ 3.41%
Total : 76.44%
1-1 @ 7.13% (-0.017 -0.02)
0-0 @ 3.95% (0.082 0.08)
2-2 @ 3.22% (-0.084 -0.08)
Other @ 0.72%
Total : 15.02%
0-1 @ 2.84%
1-2 @ 2.56% (-0.061 -0.06)
0-2 @ 1.02% (-0.022 -0.02)
Other @ 2.11%
Total : 8.53%

How you voted: Rangers vs St Mirren

Rangers
77.8%
Draw
16.7%
St Mirren
5.6%
18
Head to Head
Oct 8, 2023 12pm
Gameweek 8
St Mirren
0-3
Rangers

McMenamin (48')
Strain (28')
Tavernier (30' pen., 90'), Sima (71')
Goldson (12'), Lovelace (38')
May 27, 2023 12.30pm
Gameweek 38
St Mirren
0-3
Rangers

Main (33'), Fraser (41')
Sakala (26', 48'), Colak (77')
Colak (78')
Apr 15, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 32
Rangers
5-2
St Mirren
Cantwell (26'), Sakala (48'), Morelos (79', 81'), Arfield (86')
O'Hara (45+2', 65')
Nov 12, 2022 12.30pm
Gameweek 16
St Mirren
1-1
Rangers
Ayunga (47')
Tavernier (84' pen.)
Oct 8, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 10
Rangers
4-0
St Mirren
Colak (4', 73'), Tavernier (30' pen.), Sakala (90+1')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1RangersRangers27221461134867
2Celtic26195258184062
3Hearts2716383527851
4Kilmarnock27101073127440
5St Mirren27115113130138
6Dundee2688103641-532
7Hibernian2679103342-930
8Aberdeen2669113143-1227
9Motherwell26511103541-626
10St Johnstone2759131737-2024
11Ross County2657142345-2222
12Livingston2737171845-2716

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!