Benitez has previously said that he remains in the dark over the funds available to him during the current transfer window due to the club's potential takeover.
However, while claiming that he is not close to completing any deals, the Spaniard has suggested that fresh faces will arrive at St James' Park in the near future.
The 57-year-old told reporters: "We have a lot of people working, talking to agents, giving us names and options. I have to concentrate on games and Saturday is an important game for us.
"It is not a question of needing to sell to buy. The January window is so complicated. If some players leave, it's because we have a replacement.
"We are working [on transfers] but there is no news at the moment. We don't have any offers. All the names that you can read in the press, some of them are not true."
Newcastle currently sit in 13th place in the Premier League standings, two points above the relegation zone.