MX23RW : Sunday, March 3 22:15:08| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Lincoln City
League One | Gameweek 37
Mar 18, 2023 at 1pm UK
LNER Stadium
Peterborough United
Lincoln
0 - 3
Peterborough

Kennedy (0'), Mandroiu (22'), O'Connor (59')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Clarke-Harris (28'), Taylor (67'), Ward (83')
Ferguson (23'), Burrows (52'), Norburn (73')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Lincoln City and Peterborough United, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Exeter 2-1 Lincoln
Saturday, March 11 at 3pm in League One

We said: Lincoln City 1-3 Peterborough United

It is crunch time for Peterborough in their push for the playoff places, and we back them to secure a victory on Saturday, given that Lincoln have very little to play for at this point. The Posh have been in fine form in front of goal in recent weeks, and it will be no surprise if Clarke-Harris is again on the scoresheet, in a relatively comfortable victory. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Peterborough United win with a probability of 43.04%. A win for Lincoln City had a probability of 29.67% and a draw had a probability of 27.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Peterborough United win was 0-1 with a probability of 12.09%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.64%) and 0-2 (8.11%). The likeliest Lincoln City win was 1-0 (9.6%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.87%). The actual scoreline of 0-3 was predicted with a 3.6% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Peterborough United would win this match.

Result
Lincoln CityDrawPeterborough United
29.67% (-0.018999999999998 -0.02) 27.29%43.04% (0.012 0.01)
Both teams to score 48.39% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
43.19% (-0.016000000000005 -0.02)56.8% (0.011000000000003 0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
22.26% (-0.012999999999998 -0.01)77.73% (0.0080000000000098 0.01)
Lincoln City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
65.52% (-0.022999999999996 -0.02)34.48% (0.017999999999994 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.8% (-0.023 -0.02)71.19% (0.018000000000001 0.02)
Peterborough United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.85% (-0.0040000000000049 -0)26.14%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.78% (-0.00099999999999767 -0)61.21% (-0.0040000000000049 -0)
Score Analysis
    Lincoln City 29.67%
    Peterborough United 43.04%
    Draw 27.28%
Lincoln CityDrawPeterborough United
1-0 @ 9.6%
2-1 @ 6.86% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
2-0 @ 5.11% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-1 @ 2.43% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-0 @ 1.81% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
3-2 @ 1.63% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 2.23%
Total : 29.67%
1-1 @ 12.87%
0-0 @ 9.01% (0.0040000000000013 0)
2-2 @ 4.6% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
Other @ 0.8%
Total : 27.28%
0-1 @ 12.09% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
1-2 @ 8.64%
0-2 @ 8.11% (0.0039999999999996 0)
1-3 @ 3.86%
0-3 @ 3.63% (0.0020000000000002 0)
2-3 @ 2.06% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
1-4 @ 1.3%
0-4 @ 1.22% (0.0010000000000001 0)
Other @ 2.14%
Total : 43.04%

How you voted: Lincoln vs Peterborough

Lincoln City
26.3%
Draw
15.8%
Peterborough United
57.9%
19
Head to Head
Aug 20, 2022 3pm
Peterborough
4-0
Lincoln
Marriott (21', 50'), Clarke-Harris (29' pen., 43')
Kent (35')

O'Connor (28'), Garrick (40')
May 1, 2021 3pm
Peterborough
3-3
Lincoln
Dembele (65'), Clarke-Harris (75', 90' pen.)
Taylor (55'), Clarke-Harris (90')
Scully (31', 53'), Grant (45' pen.)
Bridcutt (56'), Montsma (90'), McGrandles (90'), Grant (90')
Jan 9, 2021 12.30pm
Lincoln
1-1
Peterborough
Scully (49')
Jackson (16'), Bridcutt (21'), Eyoma (80'), Jones (90+1')
Eyoma (10' og.)
Thompson (23'), Brown (63'), Kent (89')
Thompson (67')
Jan 1, 2020 3pm
Lincoln
2-1
Peterborough
Walker (67'), Grant (90')
Hesketh (61'), Morrell (71'), Bolger (80'), Payne (95')
Toney (28')
Mason (37'), Boyd (45'), Woodyard (55'), Butler (96')
Dembele (71')
Oct 12, 2019 3pm
Peterborough
2-0
Lincoln
Reed (82'), Toney (88')
Mason (62'), Reed (72')
Reed (90')

O'Connor (45'), Pett (74'), Shackell (79')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Portsmouth362210460312976
2Derby CountyDerby36216963333069
3Bolton WanderersBolton35216862382469
4Barnsley34199664392566
5Peterborough UnitedPeterborough34188863422162
6Stevenage35179948341460
7Oxford UnitedOxford Utd361691158461257
8Blackpool361681256411556
9Leyton Orient36159124343054
10Lincoln CityLincoln361313104032852
11Bristol Rovers35147144849-149
12Northampton TownNorthampton35147144851-349
13Wigan AthleticWigan36157145147444
14Wycombe WanderersWycombe351011144548-341
15Exeter CityExeter36117182750-2340
16Reading36129154953-439
17Burton Albion35109162944-1539
18Charlton AthleticCharlton36814145054-438
19Cambridge UnitedCambridge35108173144-1338
20Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury36115202651-2538
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham3497182845-1734
22Port Vale3488183457-2332
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood36710194060-2031
24Carlisle UnitedCarlisle3558222960-3123

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!