We eagerly await the commencement of the Euro Championship. The tournament has always been a theater for youngsters to prove their mettle at the international level: the big stage. We peek into the players we feel are waiting in the wings to enthrall the fans at the Euro Championship.
1. Kai Havertz, GermanyKai Havertz's chemistry with Timo Werner for the Die Mannschaft promises to entertain us a lot. Havertz was signed up by Chelsea as its most expensive player only to be panned by fans initially as a "flop signing." All that changed remarkably with Tuchel's arrival and after a transformed Havertz's goal in the UCL against Porto proved his worth.
2. Mason Mount (England)Being only 22 hasn't held back Mason from achieving stardom at Chelsea. He was the team's best player for 2020/21 and has performed consistently well under both Lampard and Tuchel. The through ball he sent to Kai Havertz, off which Havertz scored against Manchester City in the UCL final, was just sensational!
3. Ryan Garvenberch (Holland)Another gem from the house of Ajax, Ryan Gravenberch, is well on his way to stardom. We look forward to this talented, versatile player making a mark even though it might be as a substitute. Even though he has made only 4 appearances for the national team, he still deserves a mention of his raw talent.
4. Jadon Sancho (England)Jadon Sancho has turned heads with his talent, and he's sure to be hot news in the transfer market. Even Manchester United has this player on its radar and plans to sign him in from Dortmund. He's been firing on all cylinders for Borussia Dortmund, scoring 16 goals in the 2020/21 season. Despite a slow start, we're sure he's a player to watch out for in the Euro Championship.
5. Pedri Gonzalez (Spain)Under the tutelage of Ronald Koeman, Pedri has transformed as a player and been simply sublime at FC Barcelona. The player's talent caught the eye of Spain's coach Luis Enrique, and now the 18-year-old Pedri finds himself a part of the Spanish national team. The player is being compared to none other than Andres Iniesta for his passing acumen. Need we say more?
6. Jeremy Doku (Belgium)Jeremy Doku's fiery pace and the perfect balance he has with the ball help him make it to the Roberto Martinez-coached Belgium national squad for the Euro Championship. This 19-year-old is a bundle of explosive talent, averaging 3.6 successful dribbles every game. Jeremy Doku will sure make a potent combination with Eden Hazard creating ripples in the opposition.
7. Gianluigi Donnarumma (Italy)With 251 appearances for Milan so early in his career, Gianluigi is being hailed as Buffon's successor. With him between the sticks, Italy can attack with vigor. He has been a key figure in the national team's recent success has returned 14 clean sheets. With Donnarumma at the goal, Italy conceded just 4 goals in the WC qualifiers.
8. Federico Chiesa (Italy)Juventus signed Chiesa on loan, where he made an instant impact. With 7 goals, he soon became the player to watch out for at the Old Lady. Combining with Andrea Belotti, Insigne, and Ciro in the forward, Italy's forward line will be a handful for the opposition. Chiesa's shrewd game reading, intelligent attacking, his swift movement: all of it is sure to be too hot to handle for all opponents.
9. Dejan Kulusevski (Sweden)This 21-year-old winger helped Juventus to its only trophy in the 2020-21 season, the Copa Italia scoring a goal himself and assisting in another. Kulusevski soon established himself as a key player and is being seen as Zlatan's worthy successor. His ball control is amazing, and his versatility at various positions has greatly impressed Janne Anderson. Yes, he's right up there with the top guns as a player to watch out for.
10. Merih Demiral (Turkey)Demiral, just 23, has inspired Turkey's qualification for the Euro Championship. His hallmark is his aggression combined with intelligence, calmness under pressure, and courage. His dominating presence will make Turkey strong defensively, and with 21 international appearances under his belt, he's sure to catch eyeballs at the Euro Championship.
Things are getting exciting, and you don't want to miss the action. Depending on your location, not all matches you are interested in might be available. If you want to watch everything regardless of your location, try using a streaming VPN. This app can change your IP address and modify the location other online entities see as associated with you. Thus, you can overcome regional blocks!