MX23RW : Friday, March 1 01:51:11| >> :600:1670395:1670395:
Hertha Berlin logo
DFB-Pokal | Round of 16
Dec 6, 2023 at 7.45pm UK
Olympiastadion Berlin
Hamburg logo
Hertha Berlin
3 - 3
Hamburger SV
Reese (21', 90'), Kenny (120')
Karbownik (26'), Scherhant (45+2'), Niederlechner (60'), Kenny (107')
FT
(aet)
Pherai (31'), Benes (43'), Konigsdorffer (102')
Pherai (24'), Jatta (40'), Meffert (90+1'), Glatzel (90+7')
Hertha Berlin win 5-3 on penalties
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Wednesday's DFB-Pokal clash between Hertha Berlin and Hamburger SV, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Hertha Berlin 5-1 Elversberg
Sunday, December 3 at 12.30pm in 2.Bundesliga
Last Game: St Pauli 2-2 Hamburger SV
Friday, December 1 at 5.30pm in 2.Bundesliga

We say: Hertha Berlin 2-2 Hamburger SV

Having been taken to extra time in their opening two cup ties, Hamburg may be bracing themselves for another close-fought contest. While we believe that the visitors will be taken the distance, we think that they will hold their nerve to get the better of Hertha inside 120 minutes. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Hamburger SV win with a probability of 49.01%. A win for Hertha Berlin had a probability of 30% and a draw had a probability of 21%.

The most likely scoreline for a Hamburger SV win was 1-2 with a probability of 8.66%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-3 (6.06%) and 0-2 (5.35%). The likeliest Hertha Berlin win was 2-1 (6.68%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (8.26%).

Result
Hertha BerlinDrawHamburger SV
30% (-0.893 -0.89) 20.99% (-0.004999999999999 -0) 49.01% (0.898 0.9)
Both teams to score 70.34% (-0.58 -0.58)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
71.73% (-0.524 -0.52)28.27% (0.525 0.52)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
50.92% (-0.653 -0.65)49.07% (0.653 0.65)
Hertha Berlin Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.17% (-0.736 -0.74)19.82% (0.734 0.73)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
48.09% (-1.205 -1.21)51.91% (1.205 1.21)
Hamburger SV Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
87.73% (0.079000000000008 0.08)12.27% (-0.078999999999999 -0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
61.99% (0.164 0.16)38.01% (-0.164 -0.16)
Score Analysis
    Hertha Berlin 30%
    Hamburger SV 49.01%
    Draw 20.99%
Hertha BerlinDrawHamburger SV
2-1 @ 6.68% (-0.077999999999999 -0.08)
1-0 @ 3.94% (0.033 0.03)
3-2 @ 3.78% (-0.122 -0.12)
3-1 @ 3.6% (-0.128 -0.13)
2-0 @ 3.18% (-0.048 -0.05)
3-0 @ 1.72% (-0.066 -0.07)
4-2 @ 1.53% (-0.086 -0.09)
4-1 @ 1.46% (-0.087 -0.09)
4-3 @ 1.07% (-0.057 -0.06)
Other @ 3.04%
Total : 30%
1-1 @ 8.26% (0.093999999999999 0.09)
2-2 @ 7.01% (-0.061 -0.06)
3-3 @ 2.64% (-0.077 -0.08)
0-0 @ 2.43% (0.075 0.07)
Other @ 0.64%
Total : 20.99%
1-2 @ 8.66% (0.124 0.12)
1-3 @ 6.06% (0.105 0.11)
0-2 @ 5.35% (0.197 0.2)
0-1 @ 5.1% (0.173 0.17)
2-3 @ 4.9% (-0.028 -0.03)
0-3 @ 3.74% (0.149 0.15)
1-4 @ 3.18% (0.064 0.06)
2-4 @ 2.57% (-0.0059999999999998 -0.01)
0-4 @ 1.96% (0.084 0.08)
3-4 @ 1.39% (-0.036 -0.04)
1-5 @ 1.33% (0.031 0.03)
2-5 @ 1.08%
Other @ 3.67%
Total : 49.01%

How you voted: Hertha Berlin vs Hamburger SV

Hertha Berlin
54.1%
Draw
24.3%
Hamburger SV
21.6%
37
Head to Head
Aug 19, 2023 7.30pm
Gameweek 3
Hamburger SV
3-0
Hertha Berlin
Jatta (38'), Benes (45+4' pen.), Glatzel (82')
Meffert (46'), Benes (49')

Dudziak (16'), Winkler (64')
May 23, 2022 7.30pm
May 19, 2022 7.30pm
Finals 1st Leg
Hertha Berlin
0-1
Hamburger SV

Stark (29'), Tousart (30'), Boyata (49')
Reis (57')
Mar 17, 2018 2.30pm
Oct 28, 2017 2.30pm
Hertha Berlin
2-1
Hamburger SV
Stark (17'), Rekik (50')
Stark (9'), Pekarik (52')
Arp (73')
Kostic (30')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Liverpool26186263253860
2Manchester CityMan City26185359263359
3Arsenal26184462233958
4Aston Villa26164656352152
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs25145652381447
6Manchester UnitedMan Utd26142103636044
7Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton2610974941839
8West Ham UnitedWest Ham2611694046-639
9Wolverhampton WanderersWolves26115104040038
10Newcastle UnitedNewcastle26114115445937
11Chelsea25105104241135
12Fulham2695123642-632
13Crystal Palace2677123144-1328
14Bournemouth2577113347-1428
15Everton2687112834-625
16Brentford2674153748-1125
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest2666143448-1424
18Luton TownLuton2555153551-1620
19Burnley2634192558-3313
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd2634192266-4413

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!