Bayern Munich chief Hasan Salihamidzic has refused to rule out a swoop for Chelsea centre-back Antonio Rudiger.
The Germany international is in the final 12 months of his deal with the European champions and has supposedly decided against extending his stay in West London.
As a result, Bayern are rumoured to be interested in bringing Rudiger back to his homeland, and sporting director Salihamidzic has now addressed the rumours linking his side with a swoop.
Speaking to DAZN, the Bayern chief said: "It's not okay when we talk about players who are at other clubs. Julian [Nagelsmann] said that about him in the press conference, but he is a coach who sees quite a lot of players – so why shouldn't he evaluate an international and talk about his strengths.
"[Bayern is] really well-staffed at centre-back. We have strengthened ourselves very well and brought in a top player in Upamecano. Lucas Hernandez is there, Tanguy Nianzou is there, Benjamin Pavard can also play inside – we are really very, very well staffed.
"We have had very little time – I had an appointment today on Friday. We didn't see each other for that long, but we talk a lot about players, sure."
Rudiger has played every minute of Chelsea's 2021-22 season so far, and the 28-year-old has also been linked with Juventus.