Barcelona are reportedly not prepared to increase their contract offer to Ousmane Dembele.
The long-term future of the winger has been a hot topic for debate since the turn of the year, the France international transitioning from a player who appeared likely to depart Camp Nou to becoming a key man under Xavi.
Despite making just 21 appearances in La Liga during 2021-22, Dembele contributed 13 assists, assisting Barcelona in their efforts to finish in second position.
At one stage, it appeared that the relevant parties were in a position to negotiate a new deal in order to prevent Dembele from departing on a free transfer on July 1.
However, according to Marca, the Catalan giants have not been prepared to budge in discussions, a stance which was maintained on Monday.
The report claims that further meetings took place between Barcelona officials and representatives of Dembele in a bid to find a positive conclusion.
Nevertheless, Barcelona insisted that they would not be improving their proposal, despite being aware that rival clubs are prepared to offer a more lucrative contract.
That stance ties in with Barcelona's well-documented financial issues, the club currently under pressure to facilitate departures so that they can sign their own targets.
Dembele has been made aware that Xavi would like to retain his services, the playmaker being provided with a new lease of life under the club legend.
That said, Dembele and his agent are now said to be gone away to contemplate their next move, the desire being to establish concrete plans as soon as possible.
Earlier this month, the former Borussia Dortmund man hinted that he would prefer to remain in his current environment rather than explore a transfer elsewhere.
When quizzed on whether he will be at Barcelona next season, Dembele is said to have told a fan: "Yes. I'm good at Barcelona".