MX23RW : Sunday, March 3 20:08:53| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Cardiff City logo
Championship | Gameweek 18
Nov 28, 2023 at 7.45pm UK
Cardiff City Stadium
West Brom logo
Cardiff
0 - 1
West Brom

Bowler (87')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Sarmiento (50')
Furlong (88'), Bartley (90')
The Match
Preview
Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Championship clash between Cardiff City and West Bromwich Albion, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Preston 1-2 Cardiff
Saturday, November 25 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: West Brom 2-0 Ipswich
Saturday, November 25 at 5.30pm in Championship

We said: Cardiff City 1-2 West Bromwich Albion

Cardiff will be raring to go again after their last-minute heroics at Preston on Saturday, and you feel that the Bluebirds will be confident of recording another success. West Brom are a force to be reckoned with under Corberan at the moment and should be able to earn maximum points in South Wales on Tuesday night. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Cardiff City win with a probability of 40.84%. A win for West Bromwich Albion had a probability of 32.07% and a draw had a probability of 27.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Cardiff City win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.26%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.5%) and 2-0 (7.45%). The likeliest West Bromwich Albion win was 0-1 (9.7%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.84%). The actual scoreline of 0-1 was predicted with a 9.7% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted that West Bromwich Albion would win this match.

Result
Cardiff CityDrawWest Bromwich Albion
40.84% (0.83600000000001 0.84) 27.09% (0.381 0.38) 32.07% (-1.211 -1.21)
Both teams to score 49.94% (-1.509 -1.51)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
44.71% (-1.766 -1.77)55.3% (1.77 1.77)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
23.49% (-1.471 -1.47)76.51% (1.474 1.47)
Cardiff City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.39% (-0.363 -0.36)26.61% (0.368 0.37)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.17% (-0.487 -0.49)61.84% (0.49 0.49)
West Bromwich Albion Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.04% (-1.708 -1.71)31.96% (1.713 1.71)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.58% (-1.997 -2)68.42% (2.001 2)
Score Analysis
    Cardiff City 40.84%
    West Bromwich Albion 32.07%
    Draw 27.09%
Cardiff CityDrawWest Bromwich Albion
1-0 @ 11.26% (0.64 0.64)
2-1 @ 8.5% (0.0080000000000009 0.01)
2-0 @ 7.45% (0.35 0.35)
3-1 @ 3.75% (-0.036 -0.04)
3-0 @ 3.29% (0.121 0.12)
3-2 @ 2.14% (-0.124 -0.12)
4-1 @ 1.24% (-0.025 -0.02)
4-0 @ 1.09% (0.029 0.03)
Other @ 2.12%
Total : 40.84%
1-1 @ 12.84% (0.15 0.15)
0-0 @ 8.51% (0.567 0.57)
2-2 @ 4.85% (-0.229 -0.23)
Other @ 0.9%
Total : 27.09%
0-1 @ 9.7% (0.21 0.21)
1-2 @ 7.32% (-0.267 -0.27)
0-2 @ 5.53% (-0.142 -0.14)
1-3 @ 2.79% (-0.24 -0.24)
0-3 @ 2.1% (-0.158 -0.16)
2-3 @ 1.84% (-0.181 -0.18)
Other @ 2.78%
Total : 32.07%

How you voted: Cardiff vs West Brom

Cardiff City
28.9%
Draw
13.2%
West Bromwich Albion
57.9%
38
Head to Head
Mar 15, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 37
Cardiff
1-1
West Brom
Kaba (65')
Dike (17')
Aug 17, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 4
West Brom
0-0
Cardiff
O'Shea (21'), Livermore (31'), Molumby (54')
Ojo (33'), Ng (48'), Allsop (72')
Jan 2, 2022 2pm
Gameweek 26
West Brom
1-1
Cardiff
Robinson (48')
Bartley (23'), Molumby (85')
Mowatt (76'), Johnstone (90+4')
Collins (34')
Giles (27'), McGuinness (90+3')
Flint (90+4')
Sep 28, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 10
Cardiff
0-4
West Brom

Collins (39')
Grant (5'), Nelson (56' og.), Mowatt (75'), Phillips (82')
Bartley (42')
Jan 28, 2020 7.45pm
Gameweek 29
Cardiff
2-1
West Brom
Paterson (46'), Tomlin (76')
Nelson (65')
Austin (60' pen.)
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Leicester CityLeicester35253771314078
2Ipswich TownIpswich35229470452575
3Leeds UnitedLeeds35227665283773
4Southampton35217769452470
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom351781051331859
6Hull City35168115043756
7Norwich CityNorwich35167126051955
8Preston North EndPreston35158124752-553
9Coventry CityCoventry3513121052421051
10Sunderland35145164640647
11Cardiff CityCardiff35145164048-847
12Watford351111135048244
13Bristol City35128153940-144
14Middlesbrough34135164751-444
15Swansea CitySwansea35119154556-1142
16Plymouth ArgylePlymouth351010155359-640
17Blackburn RoversBlackburn35116184962-1339
18Millwall35109163447-1339
19Queens Park RangersQPR35108173446-1238
20Birmingham CityBirmingham34108164155-1438
21Huddersfield TownHuddersfield35814134156-1538
22Stoke CityStoke35108173348-1538
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds35105202953-2435
24Rotherham UnitedRotherham35310223067-3719

Subscribe to our newsletter


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!