MX23RW : Saturday, June 22 13:15:40| >> :60:2304:2304:
CAF Champions League | Final | 1st Leg
May 18, 2024 at 8pm UK
 

ES Tunis
0 - 0
Al Ahly

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's CAF Champions League clash between Esperance Tunis and Al Ahly, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

:no data 356|l|156:DIVision:.!d!.:Sport:1:
Last Game: Al Ahly 3-0 ES Tunis
Saturday, June 26 at 8pm in CAF Champions League
:no data 356|l|156:DIVision:.!d!.:Sport:1:
:no data 356|l|156:DIVision:.!d!.:Sport:1:
Last Game: Urawa 2-4 Al Ahly
Friday, December 22 at 2.30pm in Club World Cup
:no data 356|l|156:DIVision:.!d!.:Sport:1:

We said: Esperance Tunis 1-0 Al Ahly

Both sides boast mean defences heading into Saturday's clash, which we expect to be cagey and keenly-contested. Esperance Tunis will be keen to take a lead into next week's second leg, and we fancy the hosts to come out on top, albeit by only a narrow margin. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Esperance Tunis win with a probability of 38.04%. A win for Al Ahly had a probability of 33.97% and a draw had a probability of 28%.

The most likely scoreline for a Esperance Tunis win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.61%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8%) and 2-0 (7.06%). The likeliest Al Ahly win was 0-1 (10.81%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (13.15%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 9.5% likelihood.

Result
Esperance TunisDrawAl Ahly
38.04%27.98%33.97%
Both teams to score 47.7%
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
41.69%58.31%
Over 3.5Under 3.5
21.07%78.93%
Esperance Tunis Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
70.36%29.64%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
34.32%65.68%
Al Ahly Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.79%32.21%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.3%68.7%
Score Analysis
    Esperance Tunis 38.04%
    Al Ahly 33.96%
    Draw 27.98%
Esperance TunisDrawAl Ahly
1-0 @ 11.61%
2-1 @ 8%
2-0 @ 7.06%
3-1 @ 3.24%
3-0 @ 2.86%
3-2 @ 1.84%
4-1 @ 0.99%
Other @ 2.45%
Total : 38.04%
1-1 @ 13.15%
0-0 @ 9.55%
2-2 @ 4.53%
Other @ 0.76%
Total : 27.98%
0-1 @ 10.81%
1-2 @ 7.45%
0-2 @ 6.13%
1-3 @ 2.81%
0-3 @ 2.31%
2-3 @ 1.71%
Other @ 2.74%
Total : 33.96%

Head to Head
Jun 26, 2021 8pm
Semi-Finals 2nd Leg
Al Ahly
3-0
ES Tunis
Maaloul (38' pen.), Sherif (56'), El Shahat (60')
Mohamed (15')

Chetti (36')
Jun 19, 2021 6pm
Semi-Finals 1st Leg
ES Tunis
0-1
Al Ahly
Sherif (67')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Ukraine Ukraine21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Belgium Belgium10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Turkey Turkey11003
2 Portugal Portugal11003
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic10010
4 Georgia Georgia10010


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!