Apr 6, 2013 at 3pm UK at ​City Ground
Nott'm ForestNottingham Forest
McGugan (81' pen.)
Henderson (45'), Cox (83'), Halford (90')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Sylvestre (27')
Broadfoot (45'), Basham (81')
Osbourne (58')

Result: Ten-man Blackpool hang on for a point at Nottingham Forest

Blackpool's Ludovic Sylvestre celebrates his opener against Fulham on January 5, 2013
© PA Photos
Ten-man Blackpool hang on for a point after taking a first-half lead at Nottingham Forest in the Championship this afternoon.

A late Lewis McGugan penalty earned Nottingham Forest a point at home to Blackpool in the Championship, extending their unbeaten run to 10 games.

Blackpool went ahead against the run of play in the first half, but despite finishing the game with 10 men, they were able to take a point back to Bloomfield Road.

After a bright start, Forest almost found themselves behind when Nathan Delfouneso was released on the break; however, the visiting striker's shot cannoned back off the crossbar.

The home team continued to dominate after that with Radoslaw Majewski pulling the strings in midfield. Blackpool had Alex Baptiste to thank for several important blocks.

After continued pressure from the home team, almost from nowhere Blackpool took the lead. Chris Basham found Ludovic Sylvestre just outside the box, and the Frenchman opened up his body and curled the ball into the bottom corner to give the visitors the lead.

Forest responded well and put the pressure on Blackpool for the remainder of the half, but despite the best efforts of Darius Henderson and Andy Reid, they went in behind at the break.

After a tight opening to the second period, Blackpool were reduced to 10 men on the hour mark, when Isaiah Osbourne was given a straight red card for a lunge on Greg Halford.

It was all Forest after that and they almost equalised through substitute McGugan. The winger had three efforts inside two minutes, the best of which was saved well by Matt Gilks.

Forest threw everything at Blackpool as the game entered the final 10 minutes, bringing on Billy Sharp in attack, and almost immediately the pressure told.

Sharp was brought down inside the box by Basham, giving the referee no option but to award a penalty. McGugan stepped up and slotted the spot kick past Gilks.

Buoyed by the goal, Forest continued to attack in search of a late winner but Sharp and McGugan were both thwarted late on by Gilks.

Despite seven minutes of added time, the home side were unable to find another goal and Blackpool hung on for a point.

Blackpool's Ludovic Sylvestre celebrates his opener against Fulham on January 5, 2013
Read Next:
Half-Time Report: Forest behind at home to Blackpool
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole