Maria Sharapova's former coach Nick Bollettieri has claimed that he hopes that the tennis authorities will allow the Russian pro to play again, despite failing a drug test.
Sharapova claimed that she had been taking the prescribed medicine for 10 years, but was unaware that the substance was added to the World Anti-Doping Agency's list of performance-enhancing substances at the start of 2016.
The International Tennis Federation will provisionally suspend Sharapova from March 12, and despite the five-time Grand Slam champion facing a four-year ban, Bollettieri is hopeful that she will play again.
The coach told BBC Radio 4 that he was shocked by Sharapova's admission because "she has always been above board in everything".
He added: "She said she took these for many, many years and then didn't read the memorandum that came out. She said she will accept the consequences, but she hopes and prays that she can be allowed to play again. What else can you say?
"I don't think that Maria Sharapova would continue doing something, especially being in the limelight, if there was something she knew about.
"It's kind of tough to find a black mark against her. She certainly does not want to go out of tennis in this way."
Swiss watchmaker Tag Heuer and sportswear giant Nike have ended their sponsorship deals with Sharapova.