Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest news regarding Formula 1 on Thursday, August 13.
Thursday morning's Formula 1 news roundup:
Mercedes will stay in Formula 1 next year - but not commit to the full five years of the proposed Concorde Agreement.
That is the claim of Sport1 correspondents Ralf Bach and Bianca Garloff, who cited a "reliable source" in reporting that the reigning world champions will commit only to racing in 2021.
At Silverstone, Toto Wolff claimed that Mercedes was the "biggest victim" of the proposed commercial terms of the 2021-2025 deal, and that he was "not ready to sign".
However, Liberty reacted by insisting it would press ahead with its August 12 signing deadline, with a source telling Auto Motor und Sport that the sport's owner "will not allow any further delay".
Germany's Sport now claims: "Mercedes will remain as a works team in Formula 1 until at least the end of 2021."
According to Bach and Garloff, a clause in the new Concorde Agreement will allow teams to pull out at the end of each season.
"Sport1 has also learned that (Mercedes) leaving as a works team or team owner is not off the table," they said. "But because of the corona crisis, Daimler postponed the decision by a year.
"The exit clause in the new contract makes that possible," the journalists added.
Nico Hulkenberg has revealed he is talking to "two teams" about his future in Formula 1.
The German, having substituted at short notice for Sergio Perez at Silverstone, will travel to Barcelona this weekend just in case the Racing Point regular again tests positive for coronavirus.
But Hulkenberg will not hang around all weekend if he doesn't need to - he wants to race.
"I have to know earlier this time, because otherwise I would like to do a GT race at the Nurburgring this weekend," he told the Swiss newspaper Blick.
The 32-year-old, who lost his full-time place in F1 at the end of last year, admits that he would like to return properly in 2021.
"I have offers from the teams where something is still open," Hulkenberg revealed.
Blick correspondent Roger Benoit named those teams as Alfa Romeo and Haas, and Hulkenberg confirmed the Alfa Romeo talks to F1's official website.
When asked if his performances at Silverstone had increased his hopes of a 2021 comeback, Hulkenberg told Auto Motor und Sport: "Increased hopes would be an exaggeration.
"For some time now, I've been talking to two teams. I don't know if anything has changed now, but it doesn't feel like it.
"The people there know me and are not influenced by one race weekend. There is a chance, but it will take a while," Hulkenberg said.
More news from Formula 1:
Wolff happy for 'pink Mercedes' affair to go to court
Toto Wolff says he is not worried about Mercedes' name being dragged through the mud over the Racing Point car copying affair. Read more.
Racing Point to launch appeal against punishments over legality of car
Ferrari and Renault to appeal against severity of punishment handed to Racing Point. Read more.
'Impossible' to combine F1 with Indy after 2020 - Alonso
Fernando Alonso says it is "impossible" for him to keep chasing the fabled triple crown in the next two years. Read more.
Red Bull's Marko says Racing Point appeal 'important'
Although not formally joining the appeal, Red Bull supports the push to challenge the FIA's recent 'pink Mercedes' ruling. Read more.
Ferrari targeting 'second place' in 2021 - Binotto
Mattia Binotto says Ferrari's target for 2021 is second place. Read more.
Sergio Perez given green light for Spanish Grand Prix following negative coronavirus test
The Mexican driver missed both the British and 70th Anniversary Grands Prix at Silverstone. Read more.