Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest news regarding Formula 1 on Sunday, August 9.
Sunday morning's Formula 1 news roundup:
Sebastian Vettel has hinted that his decision about what to do in 2021 has already been made.
Although there are rumours Sergio Perez's sponsors are willing to pay more, it is believed the Mexican will be replaced by Ferrari refugee Vettel after Racing Point becomes Aston Martin next year.
La Gazzetta dello Sport believes a three-year contract has been signed, with the EUR 15 million per year salary including a brand ambassadorial role.
Quadruple world champion Vettel, however, denied that big money is his motivation.
"The number on the pay cheque is not so important," he told RTL at Silverstone. "The motivation is to achieve something."
However, the 33-year-old German says an announcement is not imminent. It is believed it was delayed a week ago because of Perez's coronavirus infection.
"It will go on for a few more weeks. Nothing will change this morning," Vettel said at Silverstone.
"I don't see why I am under pressure. In a way, I've made my decision, now we will see whether something sensible comes together or not.
"If the right package comes around the corner, I am of the opinion that I still have a lot to give," he said. "If not, I am definitely not interested in continuing just to be here."
Wild rumours continue to insist that Vettel is holding out for a Mercedes seat, with Lewis Hamilton saying he does not want to negotiate a new deal amid the pandemic.
However, there are rumours the six-time world champion is actually refusing to take a pay-cut.
"That is a very direct question, which I don't want to comment on," team boss Toto Wolff said.
"I think if you look at the impact he has on Formula 1, not only with his exceptional driving, he was always worth the expectations in terms of salary.
"Now, the world has changed a lot," Wolff added. "We face difficult times, Lewis completely understands that and we will discuss what that means."
So when asked about the Mercedes option, Vettel said at Silverstone: "I don't think Mercedes is an option because I think Lewis wants to continue.
"I haven't talked to him about it, but I would be surprised if he didn't continue."
Another wild theory is that with both Hamilton and Wolff contractually free at the end of the year, they might both set off to a new project.
"We are thinking of going to Mars for a new challenge," Wolff joked, according to La Repubblica newspaper. "Joking aside, we are happy where we are."
As for Hamilton, the six-time world champion thinks Aston Martin would be a good next move for Vettel, who is currently struggling at Ferrari.
"Sebastian is going through a difficult time. A driver needs the support of his team," said Hamilton.
"I hope he can go to Aston Martin," he added. "The team has potential and a plan and he would be the leader there."
Sergio Perez says rumours about his coronavirus infection are "irresponsible".
Germany's RTL claims the Mexican is not only still infected, but that the concentration of the virus is actually now higher in the Racing Point driver's body than a week ago.
That means Nico Hulkenberg is still in his pink car at Silverstone.
But questions remain about how Perez contracted the virus. He says he visited his ill mother in Mexico between the Hungarian and British GPs.
But there are suggestions he also met with his Mexican sponsors, amid suggestions he is about to lose his Aston Martin seat for 2021 to Sebastian Vettel.
"It may have been bad luck that Perez was in the wrong place at the wrong time," Mercedes boss Toto Wolff told Osterreich newspaper last week.
"On the other hand, I have heard that Checo took a lot of selfies and apparently got together with quite a number of people."
Indeed, Mexican politician Daniel Ludlow Kuri lashed out at Perez on Twitter, saying it was "very irresponsible" for him to leave his "bubble".
"Don't cry when they cut you off from the team," Kuri added.
Perez responded in Spanish: "It's more irresponsible to express an opinion without knowing.
"I followed all the directions of the FIA and my team. It's not my fault that I got it (the virus) - tomorrow it could be you."
As for the politician's claim that Perez may "cry" at his team's next move, Perez said: "From what I see on your profile, you don't know what decent work is."
More news from Formula 1:
2021 a 'fresh new beginning' for Vettel - Heidfeld
Big questions are being asked about Sebastian Vettel's obvious decline at Ferrari. Read more.
Ferrari slammed for joining 'pink Mercedes' protest
Dutch commentator Olav Mol has lashed out at Ferrari for daring to lodge a protest against Racing Point's 'pink Mercedes'. Read more.
Verstappen 'accepts' that he will not be 2020 champion
Max Verstappen says he has "accepted" that he will not become Formula 1's youngest ever champion. Read more.
Lewis Hamilton fastest in final practice session at Silverstone
Lewis Hamilton saw off his Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas by 0.163 seconds in the final action before qualifying. Read more.
Leclerc, Hamilton self-criticism 'merciless' - Vasseur
Charles Leclerc and Lewis Hamilton have something in common - the intensity of their self-criticism. Read more.
Valtteri Bottas edges out Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton to claim pole at Silverstone
Lewis Hamilton appeared on course to take his 92nd career pole but Valtteri Bottas snatched the spoils at the death. Read more.
Lewis Hamilton fears tyre explosions ahead of 70th Anniversary Grand Prix
The world champion has warned he must keep a grip at Silverstone. Read more.
Test triumph and Tyson's trout toast - Saturday's sporting social
Elsewhere, Bastian Schweinsteiger enjoyed his morning coffee rather more than Neil Robertson. Read more.
Racing Point's punishment being challenged by half of F1 grid
Racing Point were fined £361,000 and docked 15 points by the FIA for copying elements of last year's Mercedes. Read more.