Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has said that he hopes right-back Nathaniel Clyne will sign a new contract and stay with the club.
The 23-year-old has impressed this season, and Manchester United have been heavily linked with a move for him this summer.
Clyne's contract runs out in 2016, and he has, so far, stalled on signing a new one, but Koeman hopes that there will be progress this week.
He told reporters: "The contact is between Les Reed [Southampton's executive director] and the agent and Clyne, but I think after Wednesday it's a good time to talk about that, of course, we like to know what his decision is about the future.
"I hope [he will stay], but I can understand if there is any interest from other clubs. We don't have really a serious bid. It's not I think the most difficult position. Normally the left-back position is more difficult to find good players. But, even the right full-back position, there are not a lot who have played on the level as Clyne has been doing this season."
Clyne made his international debut for England in November.