Amir Khan: Floyd Mayweather has agreed to fight me

Khan: Mayweather has agreed to fight me
© PA Photos
Amir Khan says that Floyd Mayweather Jnr has verbally agreed to fight the Brit next year.

Amir Khan has said that Floyd Mayweather Jnr has verbally agreed to fight the Brit in the near future.

The 24-year-old confirmed his title defence bout with American Lamont Peterson earlier on Tuesday and if successful, plans on moving up to the welterweight class.

"Talks have already taken place and Mayweather has agreed to fight me," Bolton-born Khan told Sky Sports News.

"But we can't look too far ahead because we've got Lamont Peterson and then I want to move up to 147[lbs] and have one fight at that weight.

"Mayweather is keen to take the fight on, it'll be a huge fight. It's a timing game. It's the time now where a young, hungry fighter comes up and takes the older, experienced guy out."

Khan will take on Peterson and defend his WBA and IBF light-welterweight titles in Washington D.C. on December 10.

Amir Khan
Read Next:
Khan announces Peterson bout
>
You May Like
Recomended from Sports Mole